Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Im fired up....

Daniel in Ak

I had to come here and share this.Last week my Taxidermist was asking me If I had any birds I wanted to sell him as he needed some and or since I was headed out to go bird hunting If I couldnt bring in some grouse...

Anyhow I took four ducks and a ruffed grouse I had that I wanted to be mounted,but figured hell why not have him knock the price off my Goldeneye with what I had If he wanted them....

Well he loved my birds I showed him and both taxidermists had to break out the book to figure the one out,altho the man himself nailed it with a guess but they checked it out...

Turns out for up here it's a rare one and one taxi has never seen one and the other hasnt seen one in years...Turned out that I had an American Black Scoter.A hen at that,which seems to be harder to find up here.sweeeeeet!

So all in all I had a hen Widgeon (my 1st also) but I let him have it and my Goldeneye is now paid for :) and he kowcked off the price of mounting the Black Scoter.Man I love it.If you cant tell Im fired up.

Now that is way cool...
You never really said what it was they had given you a deal for in chat last night... :)

Nice...... did you get those up there ? I've never heard of you hunting Ducks.. Swing by the Waterfoul section and Tell us some sories !!!! I'm fired up for ya, I have a Couple duck mounts myself DID you see my golden Eye mount ? Is your Golden eye a Common golden or a Barrows Golden ?

Thanks everyone.......I'll get my pic up soon,but Im not getting it for keeps till after our outdoor show at the end of the month.As for the Black Scoter I'll see If I have one of it some place.
And Moosie I'll hunt ducks bud..but for the life of me dont give this varmint caller a duck quacker,acause when I blow thru it it sounds like "aflack" lol!
No I never did see your Goldeneye.As for mine it is a Common.This year I'll keep an eye out for that Barrow's :) You wnat one If I find two? :) :) oh! and yes all my ducks I around here in the Fairbanks area pond jumping.

Back