Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

if you got a Bear - would you make a rug or mount it?

I've just been getting them tanned, but I would like a rug someday when the right bear comes along.

get more than one and do both. had my chocolate bear done in a full body mount.

bear.jpg

I prefer mounts. I feel they look much more real and don't take up as much wall space. I must admit I also don't enjoy doing rugs.

I tan mine, and that's it. They hang over couches nice. I used a few as a christmas tree skirt this year. Looked pretty cool and people got a kick out of it.

This is very interesting - can anyone post pictures of your "just tanned" bear skins.

I always wanted a rug but maybe that is a better option. Do you save the skin from the head the way they do zebras or not.

I really like the idea of being able to just throw it over the couch or the foot of the bed.

any pictures of using for a tree skirt? sounds great.

Got my first this year and its getting rugged though I do like the 3/4 mounts... just have to do one that way in the future

The bear I got this fall i am having a rug done only because he was my first bear. He wasn't huge just over 200 live weight I will have the next ones tanned until i get a real big one or a color phase one then either rug or full body mount with it tearing open a bee hive and the bees all over its face stinging it

Attachments

• 10bear.jpg
    10bear.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 238
any pictures of using for a tree skirt? sounds great.

You might be a redneck if.....

Sorry about the crappy pic. Pair of sleeping bears. The kids stuff some grocery bags in the head to make the head look fuller. Looks pretty cool covered in presents all lit up with christmas lights.

bearflash.jpg

Last edited:
$$$- that's all it takes. I have 4 tanned and one rug. I like the looks of the tanned hides lined up in the shop. Plus I'm cheap.

So what are you guys paying for a rug just curios to see what people are paying in dif parts of the country. I just paid $500 for mine

Hmmm, and what is the cost of just having it "Tanned" ??

having t tanned is the same thing without have the "Felt" or rug parts sewn in?

is the head treated the same way? { I guess not...}

clearly I havn't investigated this before.....

I look forward to my first bear hunt though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonzotactical1
Back