PEAX Equipment

If it works - don't fix it?

44hunter45

I got a M70 Classic Stainless (New Haven) in 7mm RM this year for $550 shipped and ffl fees.. It is the supposed to be the donor gun for my 358 Norma Mag project.
The original owner swapped out for a Bergara because he wants to use a can.

Long story short - I threw a 2-10 Zeiss Conquest on a few weeks ago and put it back in the safe. I took it out to zero yesterday and it shot lights out with Fed 150 grain factory.
Six rounds, first two touching low right, adjust POI, next two touching center high, adjust POI, next two touching right where I want them .

So plastic stocks flex too much, Winchester quality has gone to heck, etc. OK. I'm thinking this is the best off the rack rifle I've ever had.

No way, if it shoots like that don’t mess with it. Consider it a good one for the collection and find another donor. I have seen one of the M70 extreme weather that wouldn’t shoot, but you can get a lemon in anything. Maybe try one of those crappy Remingtons that also don’t shoot well, unless you were after the crf 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nope, NEVER shoot the donor!
Congratulations on your new 7mm Rem Mag!

Hmmm, wonder what i can turn 264 Win mag cases into?

I'd keep it and get a different donor if it is driving tacks. Sometimes you get a sweet rifle out of the box, and sometimes not.

Back