Identifying some choke tubes

fleabagmatt

I've had this ziploc bag in my closet for I dunno how long, and it contains three shotgun chokes. I only own one shotgun and it does not have a replaceable choke, so I have no idea what these might belong to or how they came into my posession. Is there a way to determine what gun they came from? The only markings I could find on them are stamped lettering saying what they are , Full, Xtra Full, and Improved Cyl.

I have no use for them and would love to be able to get them into the hands of someone who could use them.

chokes.jpg

100% certain the choke on the right is old style Browning Invector chokes (NOT to be confused with Invector+). I suspect the other two are the same but extended (so they can be changed with fingers instead of wrench). Here's one of my Invector chokes. Winchokes and Mossberg chokes were copies of Invector. Same thing. Other aftermarket variations out there too.20220217_135307.jpg

If the two chokes on left are the same size and thread below the collar extensions (hard to tell from photo), then they are old style Invector/Winchokes and will work fine in guns that take Invector. Let me guess: left to right these are xtra full, full, and improved cylinder.

If the two chokes on left are the same size and thread below the collar extensions (hard to tell from photo), then they are old style Invector/Winchokes and will work fine in guns that take Invector. Let me guess: left to right these are xtra full, full, and improved cylinder.
I can read the word FULL on the right-most choke, not sure which of the two it is, though. I'll take a closer look at them tonight.

I can read the word FULL on the right-most choke, not sure which of the two it is, though. I'll take a closer look at them tonight.
I guessed wrong. I see IC on the collar of the middle one. The Xtra long one on the left is clearly a Xtra full turkey choke.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back