Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho's Most Overhunted Unit?

SagebrushSlayer

Well, it might not be the most over hunted unit, but it does tend to have the most hunters OTC hunt it every year!

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the general season rifle hunt has the same boundaries as the late archery general season. I wonder out of the thousands of hunters, how many will actually follow this "new" rule.

It will be interesting to see if F&G will actually monitor or enforce tickets against those that failed to read and understand the regulations. Any thoughts or bets on how many tickets will be written?

I may be ignorant but I can't deduce from your post what the changes are. Or what the violation might be. Please dumb it down so I don't get into trouble. Thanks.

I would guess he's talking about 39, but I can't find the change he is talking about, not sure one was actually made.

TheTone is correct with it being 39. The change is not in the hard copy regulations, so it got me to thinking I am just crazy! I found the info I am posting about on F&G's HuntPlanner. I don't know if it is misinformation on their website or if the regulations are wrong! :confused:

I'll email them to get clarification. I think all this heat over here is messing with me! Here is the link to what I am seeing.

http://fishgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner/hunt.aspx?ID=25932

Well I got a response from IDFG. They said the hunt planner is incorrect and they will be fixing it soon. I personally think its a matter of time before their mistake becomes a reality.

It does get a lot of pressure, but most are lazy bums. There are some quality animals in 39.

So very true...I never saw a single deer last year (during general rifle) from the road while driving from camp to the various trailheads we hiked in from, but I sure saw a lot of hunters with their ATVs. Also never saw another hunter more than 1/2 mile from the roads. We did hunt during the week and avoided weekends.

I have been developing a love/hate relationship with this unit over the last 4 years. Some days I swear I will never return to this unit and the next day it is an awesome unit....thats hunting.

I agree if you start hiking before daylight And you make it to the ridge top During primetime You will see lots of animals The only other thing I can say is To stay away from the trailhead If I find an area with no trailhead, atv, motorcycle trails I'll always have that drainage all to myself.

P.s. I'm new to this forum and just want to say hi to my fellow idaho outdoorsman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back