Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho Unit 40 November

ryang4

Hi new to the forum and new to hunting in idaho. I have never hunted idaho and this is my first time applying there. I ended up with the unit 40 late season tag so i am looking for any info you guys would be willing to give. from what i have read so far i am pretty lucky to even draw the tag. Any info will be appreciated thanks!

Good first post. I'm just gonna throw this out there but how about the novel idea of driving out there and actually scouting for your hunt?

Agreed not trying to sound like an ass or anything but it's not hard to find deer out there just spend some time out there and find a good buck plenty of nice deer out there, I wouldn't shoot anything below a 170 even though that unit definately has some 200 inch deer in it

Good first post. I'm just gonna throw this out there but how about the novel idea of driving out there and actually scouting for your hunt?

Trust me I would love to get out there and scout my ass off but I have a blacktail tag going on here in western oregon and just don't have time to get over there before the season starts. Thanks for the other info about what size deer I am looking for!

Trust me I would love to get out there and scout my ass off but I have a blacktail tag going on here in western oregon and just don't have time to get over there before the season starts. Thanks for the other info about what size deer I am looking for!

You might be lucky then. If there ever was an Idaho unit that did not require much scouting this would be it. Just find the does and hold out until you find the buck you want. Hopefully you can hunt the entire season, since you never really know exactly when the bucks will be rutting hard.

Good luck on the blacktail hunt. Share a story or two and maybe someone else will give you a little more info.

If I could draw that tag, I would literally burn all of my other tags so they would not get in the way of this hunt.

Best year ever for OR blacktail...season running through the first week of November, peak rut. Yeah you'd better hunt it now instead of finding a 203" mulie for your OIL hunt, good call.

first off, congratulations. yeah you could drive out there and probably learn the roads etc, but when you hunt that hunt the deer wont be where they were when you scouted them anyway, so dont let some of the comments get under your skin. i have never hunted it but i know that there are great bucks out there. im not sure how easy the hunt it is and i cant even tell you where to look cuz i just dont know.... Best of luck.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back