Idaho Unit 39 Archery November

Maxxis31

Anyone have any advice on this hunt? I will be going over during the last couple weekends of the hunt to try to find me a rutting muley. Probably going to hit the SE corner of the unit first out in the sage. I will be going alone to try to fill my general Idaho tag. Is there a map somewhere of the sections that are close? I have a pretty good idea based off of the description but a map would be much better?

Thanks for any advice in advance. Feel free to PM me.

All you need to know is Arrowrock Reservoir, there will be deer on any and all sides of it. Especially around the middle of Nov and once we get some snow.

This is probably my favorite hunt of the year, I don't know of any general hunts anywhere that you can see that many 4 points in one day.

One of my favorite hunts. I may run up there if unsuccessful in the rifle hunt.

Do be very aware of the boundaries. The boundary description in the regs are very clear. Every year there are boneheads hunting inside of the triangle.

The last year I hunted it, it was tough to decide to hunt chukars or deer there were crazy amounts of both.

Thanks

Thanks guys, sounds like a great hunt, I looked at the closed area on the map and it is pretty straight forward. Looking forward to making i over there come Nov. Hope we get a little weather before then, it snowed on us a few times in Archery season so hope that is a good sign of whats to come. Is the back side of Arrowrock accessible by vehicle/motorbike? or do I need to find someone with a boat?

With a good snow year, this hunt is exceptional. More and more people are archery hunting and it's getting crowded so you have to work to get away from the crowds a bit more so your stalks don't end up being blown. At the same time if you are patient, other hunters moving deer can be to your benefit if you know where to sit.

Baerman,

Spot on. Plenty of deer getting pushed, especially on weekends. It's hard to sit still with so many visible deer, but sitting a saddle is where I killed my last buck on that hunt.

Has anyone mentioned arrowroot and let hunting pressure work for you yet? It's always a good time if we have enough weather to make deer move in, if not, it's still a good time, just not as many deer to see.

PM Sent, would love to find a place to sit and have someone push some deer by me? I am hoping to be able to do some glassing but the mule deer rut hunt I went on with my buddy last year it wasn't really practical and there were deer around every corner?

What should a person set there expectations for as far as deer quality, we saw several 150-160" deer on our hunt last year with a couple of 180" deer that we couldn't get in on. That was in W Beulah which is a 8 point draw archery tag, I would love to shoot a nice mature buck but don't want to have unrealistic expectations either??? We were also seeing about 15-20 bucks a day and over 100 deer.

Really like this hunt except for the people awesome deer numbers hunting close to home you'll see some nice bucks if you work hard last year we hunted right next to the snow line my buddy killed a buck that scored 172 I'll see if I can get a picture of him good luck keep us updated!

Really like this hunt except for the people awesome deer numbers hunting close to home you'll see some nice bucks if you work hard last year we hunted right next to the snow line my buddy killed a buck that scored 172 I'll see if I can get a picture of him good luck keep us updated!

Thanks, would love to see a picture!!

Every year it reminds me more and more of general rifle deer with the amount of people. Drive by cottonwood creek and the turnouts along arrowrock and count the trucks, it's crazy anymore. You will see deer which is always a good thing.

Every year it reminds me more and more of general rifle deer with the amount of people. Drive by cottonwood creek and the turnouts along arrowrock and count the trucks, it's crazy anymore. You will see deer which is always a good thing.

How many of those people get out of their rigs and actually hunt? If its anything like deer season here in NE Oregon people don't wander far from their warm rig and shoot the first forky they see.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Was an awesome hunt that I will defiantly do again next year. Next time i will go a little later, have two tags and dedicate more time. I saw a few nice bucks and one monster buck. I was by myself when I killed this guy and boned him out and packed him back to the rig all alone, it was a very rewarding hunt.

IMG_1215.JPG

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back