Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho unit 11 Mule deer rut

Plenty of places to find a camp site along the road system - most years even in November I wouldn't expect any issues traveling on the main road. I would definitely bring a 4 wheeler though - there are at least a few roads that are technically open to full size rigs...but they can be a pain even in good weather so an atv makes getting around to some of those areas a lot easier. There were at least a few camps around some of the major areas last year - but with the reduction in deer tags and elimination of cow tags this year I would expect to see a whole lot fewer people during your hunt.
Awesome thanks for the info! Very helpful

I hunted the late muzzy elk tag a few years ago and hunted all over from top to bottom. The top had maybe 4" of snow, we saw way more deer halfway down from the top and all the way to river. we used the jet boat hunt a lot between heller bar and down river to where private starts. We saw 1 buck Id shoot and it was in the drainage just north billy creek, it looks like a bowl if you look on a topo. Buck was a 27-28" 4x4 with a few stickers and great forks and fronts I woulda put him at 180"ish. We found pockets of big herds of does with small bucks, but the rut looked to be all but over by Nov 25th lots of bucks grouped up by then. If you have a gmail account Ill send a map to you where we found the deer they were great areas that you couldn't see from river and looked to be used a lot. I would definitely take drift boat to cross.

I hunted the late muzzy elk tag a few years ago and hunted all over from top to bottom. The top had maybe 4" of snow, we saw way more deer halfway down from the top and all the way to river. we used the jet boat hunt a lot between heller bar and down river to where private starts. We saw 1 buck Id shoot and it was in the drainage just north billy creek, it looks like a bowl if you look on a topo. Buck was a 27-28" 4x4 with a few stickers and great forks and fronts I woulda put him at 180"ish. We found pockets of big herds of does with small bucks, but the rut looked to be all but over by Nov 25th lots of bucks grouped up by then. If you have a gmail account Ill send a map to you where we found the deer they were great areas that you couldn't see from river and looked to be used a lot. I would definitely take drift boat to cross.
Hey thanks for the advice I’ll take all the help I can get. My email is [email protected] I think we are going to end up bringing my friends raft down so we can be more mobile. Cause there isn’t much access

Sorry guys I wasn’t recieving notifications on this thread for some reason. I’d be happy to answer any questions now

@Lowe1254 how did your hunt turn out?
Unfortunately I tore my meniscus during elk season just prior to the hunt and ended up having surgery 3 weeks prior to it. So i was extremely limited on how I was able to hunt. But I did get into a ton of deer. The quality wasn’t quite what I expected and I ended up passing on about 5-6 deer in the 130-140 range and only saw one buck that was over 150 and it was after shooting light. All in all it was a fun hunt and a good experience just extremely difficult hunting on a bad knee. Again sorry for no response I wasn’t recieving notifications on this post. And I’d be happy to help if anyone has any questions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back