Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Idaho Rio/Merriam's Hybrid

Desk Pop

I was able to sneak out a couple weeks ago one evening a few days after opener on a night when kids had no gymnastics or swim ... typical 45 minute drive on four wheeler and long hike (longer due to snow) and then ran into this guy and a couple of his buddies after about 3 minutes in my core area. I like calling, but when I am sneaking into my area and slowly pop over a rise and see a legal bird I just go for it!

NWTF calls birds in my area Rio/Merriams hybrid. I grew up hunting Easterns and these guys act differently in a lot of ways...but fun to hunt, close to the house, and damn tasty!

I know how it is to sneak out between kids activities for a short hunt, great looking bird. Congrats!

I have dreams of sneaking up on a bird someday. I have been close a few times, but I ran out of topography/cover before I could get in range.

Looks pure Merriams to me as well. Most of the mutts are further North mixed morre with the easterns that were translocated in '85. There was a plant of pure Rios SW of Council many years ago.
Congrats on a naice bird!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back