MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho november 61 weather and deer population?

Wyhunter

I'll be heading over to start scouting 61 after my bear and antelope hunts are over. Just curious of the deer population in the area and areas to focus on scouting. Also, what will the weather be like at that time? My dad is disabled and I'd like to get him a buck. We are going to grab the muzzy cow tag over there as well. I'm hoping it'll be a good meat hunt. Any info is appreciated, as I have yet to hunt that side of the state. ALSO... Any descent campgrounds in the area? Thank you again ladies and gents!

That’s a tough deer hunt. Not a lot of deer in there. I hunt the Montana side for elk every now and then. Sometimes accessing MT from ID. I never see deer in the section of country off of the I15 closer to the continental divide in mid-late November. But I see a few here and there late October. I’m thinking they migrate south into the sage north of Dubois. It’s anybody’s guess where they go once they are out there.

I just got done bear hunting in 61 a couple of days ago and we didn't see that many deer, they had a hard winter and a late spring. As for the elk hunt I got my cow on the last day but it took a little hiking to get it done.

I just got done bear hunting in 61 a couple of days ago and we didn't see that many deer, they had a hard winter and a late spring. As for the elk hunt I got my cow on the last day but it took a little hiking to get it done.
Thank you. It sounds more and more like it's going to be a low opportunity hunt. Might just tip over a doe if I see one with all the info. How did you do on your bear hunt? I was lucky enough to draw 22 this year for bear.

Weather could be all over the place. I hunted the area for a few years and you could have really nice days or full blizzard that makes travel almost impossible. I would take a good set of chains and other equipment in case things get bad in a hurry. Lots and lots of camping options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back