Idaho Non Res

DAbegglen

Hey everyone I have 2 idiot family members that screwed up and didn't get there Idaho Non Res Rifle General Mule Deer tags before they sold out. The only option is to find someone that doesn't want their tag and do a transfer. Did anyone out there have something come up and are not able to use their tag this year? If so we will compensate you for your tag. The fish & game won't give you anything for turning it back so an extra $100 or so is better than nothing just for signing the transfer report. I know it's a long shot but if there is someone out there that is interested let me know. Thanks everyone.

I had to swap an archery elk tag for a rifle elk tag this year and found luck on a couple facebook hunting pages. you might try 208Hunters facebook group.

Are you aloud to transfer a tag to someone else in idaho? I thought you could only transfer to kids and grandkids?

They don't care the fish and game have a transfer form to fill out and everything its an easy process I already talked to them.

Message sent. Reread the thread & saw you need a deer tag. Whoops my bad. I just have an elk tag I'd give up. Senior moment! Good luck.

Thats a very slippery slope. (n)

Agreed. If the current regs allow it I don’t begrudge anyone doing it. But seems like something that could be changed.

I get why IDFG wouldn’t want a bunch of people showing up returning tags and expecting their money back, but maybe they could serve as sort of a clearing house to insure folks aren’t making money off of their tags. Then again, the capitalist in me says go for it, its their property and they can do with it what they want.

Hmm, have to think about this a bit more. I’d love to see more discussion here about it.

Agreed. If the current regs allow it I don’t begrudge anyone doing it. But seems like something that could be changed.

I get why IDFG wouldn’t want a bunch of people showing up returning tags and expecting their money back, but maybe they could serve as sort of a clearing house to insure folks aren’t making money off of their tags. Then again, the capitalist in me says go for it, its their property and they can do with it what they want.

Hmm, have to think about this a bit more. I’d love to see more discussion here about it.

Your trying to help a fellow sportsman, not start a debate!
"Focus" on the objective. :cool:

Back