Idaho Muleys/bears Unit 49 Regulat tag

dzlfarmboy

Ok guys so after doing much research over the last year and talking with biologist I think I've pin pointed it down to this one unit 49 for general season. Just curious if anyone on here has any insight on this particular unit for mule deer and black bears. This will be my second western big game hunt all public DIY, and I've never stepped foot in Idaho before. Thanks Brett.

Any reasoning for 39?, from looking at the statistics it looks like a very crowded unit being so close to Boise with a lot of hunters which isn't what I'm looking for.

49 is a good choice. I'm sitting in that unit as I type this. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I will be living out of a backpack for the rest of the week so I may not be able to answer you for a while though.

Headed back this fall with a Deer, Bear and Wolf tag in my pocket. Looking to get some info in regarding to some of the roads and if any of the ones im planning to use are cut short or gated off before I think they'll end.

Season is getting close, I am pumped to get my out of shape butt up to a good vantage point and do some glassing. I have some Plan A B C. Kind of curious what kind of weather we'll be looking at.

Season is getting close, I am pumped to get my out of shape butt up to a good vantage point and do some glassing. I have some Plan A B C. Kind of curious what kind of weather we'll be looking at.
I am also doing a lot of weather searches , not having real luck yet, no weather underground in those mountains.

Just saw a friend that lives in Thayne,Wy post something about some snow this weekend? Haven’t looked in to it yet. Too far out

Just returned from close to that area in 48/49. Low temps were far below average 6 to 14 degrees, not a lot of snow yet, just a 1/2" when we left.

Just returned from close to that area in 48/49. Low temps were far below average 6 to 14 degrees, not a lot of snow yet, just a 1/2" when we left.

Thanks for the reply. 1/2" that just down low at town elevation ? How about at 8'000ft ? Thanks

Elk Stalker, oh yeah we always do. Just curious and excited to get out there.

We are in route, about 12 hrs out from hunting. Hoping this cold front puts just enough white stuff on the ground to make em stand out and move.

We hunted 49 mostly and saw a lot of does, tons of elk. Couple forkys and one mature mule deer my friend shot. We relocated to 48 halfway through the week and only saw one other mature buck and it was a poke up a 30* incline and I didn’t factor enough degrees in and shot over its back. Pretty upset but that’s hunting.

Attachments

• BA5DF8A0-8909-477E-B698-D452419B0593.jpeg
    BA5DF8A0-8909-477E-B698-D452419B0593.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
We hunted 49 mostly and saw a lot of does, tons of elk. Couple forkys and on mature mule deer my friend shot. We relocated to 48 halfway through the week and only saw one other mature buck and it was a poke up a 30* incline and I didn’t factor enough degrees in and shot over its back. Pretty upset but that’s hunting.
Hunting and learning new areas can be tough. Congratulations on the buck taken!

Back