Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho Mule Deer - Black Pine Mountain

CountingCoo

I drew an Idaho muzzy mule deer tag for Idaho unit 57, Black Pine Mountain. Having a very difficult time finding any info on this unit. It's a November hunt that should coincide with some portion of the rut. I've spoken with the game biologist but would love to chat with someone who has actually hunted in this unit.

I'll be heading down to scout soon and would like to narrow my focus a bit.

Last edited:
I never connected on this hunt, but had a blast. I never saw another hunter and saw bucks just about every day. The rut never quite kicked in and while I saw young bucks chasing does, the bigger bucks never showed up. On the last day I found a 3 1/2 year old 4 point feeding in a back canyon alone and I decided to just watch him as I wouldn't be able to get him out before dark and had no way to take the next day off. My hunt was marred by finding a nice buck that had been shot and abandoned. Good news is the offenders were caught after I called it in. It's a challenging hunt, but really fun. Happy to share info if anyone else draws this tag. I'll be putting in for it again next year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back