Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho Elk Hunt-Salmon

Blacktailbc

So I ended up pulling a rabbit out of my hat, and drawing a Unit 30 Elk tag (Nov.1-30). I know there are quite a few Idaho guys on here, so thought I would throw it out there. I have the general lay of the land, as I hunted deer across the highway once. I would like to get some advice from someone who has hunted this hunt before, as to what to expect. Sounds like a good hunt, with some bulls moving in from Montana, from what I hear. Any Idaho guys out there mess around in the area before?

Have hunted that unit and that hunt several times. 13 year old son killed a nice 6 point in 2008, and my wife had plenty of opportunities last year, but passed and passed, waiting for Mr. Big. Great hunt, lots of animals and good access.....until it snows. Can get pretty messy and difficult to get around, STEEP country with alot of access roads having major drop off/cliffs. Don't overlook the low ground, often found groups of elk low in the sage when we didn't expect it. When we draw it, we hunt it early.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back