Idaho bow kill pics

Wally Dog

First ever gobbler and he whacks it with an arrow.
The "turkey-silo" gets her done again!
Brianbowturkey420050222.jpg

Brianbowturkey420050122.jpg

Gobbler shot with turkey wing fletched arrows created just for this hunt!
Brianbowturkey420050092.jpg

Brianbowturkey420050202.jpg

need details!! what range? broadhead? cool, nice job. I hope to arrow my second tag in a few weeks

Jose, no recliner, just camp chairs for napping.

Schmalts,
Saw this tom and his running mate Fri. pm, actually got a picture of him. Set the blind up after fly-up time Friday eve. 0330 wake up call Sat. we were in the blind by 0445. Heard several gobbles in the distance after flydown (nothing gobbled in the tree). Just did my thing calling with everything I own, periodically getting what I think may be a distant answer. Then nothing. Had a couple of hens walk right by the silo doing their thing. Finally bout 1300 got an anwer 150-200 yeards distant. I called but very limited answering by the non-vocal sob's. Finally the hen pops into view coming our way. He waltzes right by us. 5 min. later the 2 toms pop into view at 100 yds and gobble. I make them gobble again. My bud is pumped up now. I advise him to get an arrow nocked. Long and short is the toms dissappear then re-appear at 15 yds. He makes the shot at 35 yards and it takes another to put him down for keeps. Chest bumping, high fiving follows. Nice bird for a first timer.
Broadheads were expandable, not sure what brand. but you can see one protruding from his breast in one picture.
WD

The Broadheads are Gold Tip expandables. I usuallly shoot Gold Tip arrows , but I wanted to make some feathers from some of the Turkey wings that Wally Dog gave me. I don't have a feather burner, so had had to do all of the trimmin' by hand, and they workeD on the fatter aluminum shafts better. I am going to try to get the little bro an LB, until I can get my second tag. EVERYONE NEEDS GIVE WALLY DOG SOME PROPS FOR THE AWESOME HUNT THAT HE TOOK ME ON LAST WEEK.

Congrats guys it looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun. I think next bird I will try with a bow.

Later,
IB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back