Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho ATV Rule Dead?

Ten Bears

I think this is what MICHAEL (or somebody) was talking about a month or so ago.
Cheers & Jeers
February 20, 2004

JEERS to the Idaho House Resources and Conservation Committee and its chairwoman, state Rep. JoAn Wood, R-Rigby. Thanks to that panel, one of the best - and most popular - ideas Idaho Fish and Game produced is now just so much wasted paper cluttering up the Statehouse.

Last year, Fish and Game opted to ban all-terrain vehicles from 16 hunting units - about one-fifth of the state's hunting units, many of them in eastern Idaho. ATVs are increasingly popular among the hunters who use them - which could be as many as 40 percent - and increasingly controversial among the hunters who don't. The conflict has been the No. 1 source of complaints Fish and Game receives.

After testing an ATV ban in one area near Twin Falls in 2002, Fish and Game launched the expansion during last year's hunting season.

The results could not have been better. It proved to be popular among traditional and motorized hunters. Indeed, Fish and Game said it didn't have to issue any citations and only a few warnings to ATV operators.

Unfortunately, Wood's committee couldn't leave well enough alone. Legislative approval was required to continue the program. On Feb. 3, a subcommittee chaired by Wood voted to kill the ATV plan. The full Resources and Conservation Committee followed up by formally killing it Feb. 10.
http://www.idptv.state.id.us/idreports/showEditorial.cfm?StoryID=11367

Wood's committee couldn't leave well enough alone. Legislative approval was required to continue the program. On Feb. 3, a subcommittee chaired by Wood voted to kill the ATV plan. The full Resources and Conservation Committee followed up by formally killing it Feb. 10.

Thats it....

Former fish and game commisioner Jerry Connely also talked about it at the DHI banquet.

I just called the fish and game.

They don't know shit, and could not say for sure what the implacations of the committes action will be.
They seem to think that the restrictions will still be in place, until I mentioned what former director connely reported at the banquet, then the guy admitted that they really don't know. HMMMMM :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back