Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho 28-1 sheep

Drew this tag for 2021. New member here, but read this thread a few times when putting in for tags over the years. Anyone have any new info to share? Thanks!

Congratulations on the sheep tag and welcome to HT!
Thanks MTGomer! Feeling really lucky to have a tag, especially being a blue collar Idaho boy. I have hunted there a few times, but never for sheep. I know they are there, but any kind of tips could seriously make or break this opportunity. I am younger (30) and in decent shape (training like mad now). I seriously wonder how much more success this unit would have if people are willing to punish themselves for weeks on end in there, but then again the unit is freaking huge.

Cheers

Congratulations on the tag, that’s half the battle can’t wait to see how you do. Be sure to let us know.

I seriously wonder how much more success this unit would have if people are willing to punish themselves for weeks on end in there, but then again the unit is freaking huge.

Congrats on the tag! It will be punishment, but I look forward to photos and a story from a successful hunt.

I know 28 and will not be easy but can be done. Good luck and cheering for you... start your own thread and let us follow
I have to post enough times to let me start a thread but I’ll definitely do that!

thanks guys. Feel free to dm me and we can chat. Got a good crew lined out and I am fully ready to quit my job to stay there longer!🤣

I have to post enough times to let me start a thread but I’ll definitely do that!

thanks guys. Feel free to dm me and we can chat. Got a good crew lined out and I am fully ready to quit my job to stay there longer!🤣
Jobs come and go hunts like this dont

I know 28 and will not be easy but can be done. Good luck and cheering for you... start your own thread and let us follow
I’ll try to do so. Got some good photos of rams hanging out way back in the unit. No telling where they will be in 3 month, but promising.
If they are gone be there at season... it’s gonna be a grunt just to get to them. High hopes so far.
thanks for the support guys!

Update: fires are burning in the main area I wanted to poke around in. Seriously can mess with the hunt. Thankfully I was able to secure most of the season off from work.

Anyone have any hints or ideas how the sheep will behave in a year with fires and a remarkable heat wave? Part of me says find water and hunt in the area.

All the fires are really making it hard to get out there and scout as well. I had blacked out several weekends to scout. Thankfully I have talked to several previous tag holders and biologists.

The mudlick fire is burning up the center of the unit, and right where I was planning on spending a bulk of my time.

Went down last week to scout. Ewes and lambs around. Still can’t drive into the unit. We can only hunt off the river road as it stands.

I heard another tag holder was in the area right before me. Apparently a gal from eastern Idaho.

My dad and I met with a fantastic local resource and got some more good areas to check out. We will keep our fingers crossed on the fires and hope they simmer down or die before season.

it’s looking like an interesting hunt. It’s gonna be a grunt. Just hoping the fires don’t handicap it.

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop! Cheers!

I knew it was when and not if you would make it happen! With all the extra challenges of the fires and the weather I was starting to wonder just a little.

Huge congratulations!

Congratulations great ram! Hope to have the same feeling one day of finally finding a ram and getting to pull the trigger. Can’t wait to hear more about the hunt and see some more pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back