MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho 27-1 Sheep

A buddy and I drew 27-2 I believe ...in 1981. We intended to bowhunt so we only had bows the first 12 days in.....no mature rams. We were backpacking, including our water, up 2000-3000 vertical and glassing until we ran out of water, decending to float a short ways and climb back up. Then back to the river. The second 10 days we took both our recurve bows and rifles, floating, climbing, glassing and decending. On day 8 (day 18 hunting) I took a 7 yr old ram and on day 10 (day 20 hunting) my buddy took a slightly younger ram....both with rifles. Definitely a young man's hunt. My friend fell while packing sheep out and badly cut his leg with blood soaked pants ....we both looked so skinny like POW escapees. So we were both in our late 30s as I am 80 now. One of the best hunting challenges ever.

That’s a great ram! Congratulations, looks so beautiful and well earned. Some nasty country. That’s the unit I apply for, maybe one day I will draw it.

gavindibb,​

Thanks for posting on your hunt! I was in that country in 2021.
The pics of you and the ram are soo cool; the country and a great ram! Congrats.

Back