ID- Unit 32 Bear

I also drew this tag. It will be my first spot and stalk bear hunt. I have always baited in the north part of the state.
Talltimber did you draw the 32 or 32a? Apparently, ID spit the tag and much of the info I am getting is from 32a.. Which I did not draw (I drew 32). If you drew the same unit and if I go earlier in the season, ill let you know how it goes.. !

Hunt update:

Due to the snow levels (being no snow in the unit - at the end of April) I went on this hunt early. I hunted essentially west of ola valley. This whole unit (unit 32) is grassland with sage. I got up high and glassed green hillsides until dark.... in the morning, I tried calling in the creek bottoms... I called for 50 minutes continuously... I glassed up skunk, elk, deer and coyotes... no bear.. I went into the ola mountain country that probably has a few square miles of alpine country on the border of 32a / 32. I believe I would have been better off with OTC bear... or sticking with the ola mt area... I will not put in for 32 again, unless they combine it with 32a.. hope y’all do better than me!! Post them, if you smoke them!

Hey gjensen,

Will you have an opportunity to come back to Idaho with your tag? I know only 22 days to make a short trip but I would have some recommendations. Send me a pm.

Hey guys, I just got an email today saying I was successful in the Unit 32 Draw. I was super excited as the little research I did beforehand had me wanting to hunt the unit. Now as I start to research a little more in depth, I realize everything I was excited about is unit 32a.
I am about 10 hour away from the unit so I would only plan on making one trip, likely hunting for 4 days. Seems many people are fairly discouraged about the hunt, and lots of private land. Am I better off holding out and putting my time into OTC areas? Thanks for any help guys.

Hey guys, I just got an email today saying I was successful in the Unit 32 Draw. I was super excited as the little research I did beforehand had me wanting to hunt the unit. Now as I start to research a little more in depth, I realize everything I was excited about is unit 32a.
I am about 10 hour away from the unit so I would only plan on making one trip, likely hunting for 4 days. Seems many people are fairly discouraged about the hunt, and lots of private land. Am I better off holding out and putting my time into OTC areas? Thanks for any help guys.
Otc

Yes, 32a is better. I hunted 32 last year. If you have onx-maps, I can share where I didn't see bears. I saw one the last day and can share this area. After the fact, I had a friend share where he sees bears all the time. Let me know!

Yes, 32a is better. I hunted 32 last year. If you have onx-maps, I can share where I didn't see bears. I saw one the last day and can share this area. After the fact, I had a friend share where he sees bears all the time. Let me know!
That would be greatly appreciated! I do have OnX, so I should be able to view them just fine.

Hey! I put my niece in for this hunt and she drew as well. I'm quickly finding that this may be a tougher hunt than expected. Please let me know if you plan on hunting this unit and any tips. I live 5 hours away and plan on making several trips scouting/hunting.

Hello. Sorry to butt in here but would you be willing to share this info with one more person? My niece drew this year and I've been checking maps east of Ola area and haven't heard great things... I would greatly appreciate any info. I'm new to this site and not familiar with options but pm me if possible. Thanks

The problem with 32 in my opinion is there is only a small part of the unit that is really good for bears in the Spring and with the amount of tags, it concentrates everyone into this small area. I have had much better luck in otc units. Just my .02 Good luck.

I sent you a PM. Thank you

Please post pics, so when I draw this tag I'll be well prepared :)
My son’s bear was just shy of B&C. He thought he shot little one until he couldn’t pick up the head. Daughter wanted a blonde, which we never see. First bear of the season was a blonde. She was happy with it.

Attachments

• 53291BBB-7427-416B-B3D0-67C3870D32FB.jpeg
    53291BBB-7427-416B-B3D0-67C3870D32FB.jpeg
    889 KB · Views: 21
  • 2877BF63-B56D-4FE4-BFDF-AB4CAB0B1A19.jpeg
    2877BF63-B56D-4FE4-BFDF-AB4CAB0B1A19.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 9966E524-F719-4A55-9DF1-0500E98D5491.jpeg
    9966E524-F719-4A55-9DF1-0500E98D5491.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
A bit of an adult onset hunter here. I have tried over the counter Elk and deer the last 4 years here in Idaho with no luck, but plenty of great country covered!

I just drew the unit 32 spring bear controlled tag. Anxious to hear if anyone has any more insight on bears in this unit. I have been around the southern portion of the unit plenty bird hunting and ATVing but really hard to picture bears in the sage brush desert there.

Back