Caribou Gear Tarp

ID Suspends NR License Sales Indefinitely

406LIFE

Nonresident licenses, permits, and tags sales temporarily suspended by F&G Commission

Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall.
At their April 4 meeting, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission adopted a rule that temporarily suspends the sale of several types of nonresident fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits. The action is effective immediately and lasts until the rule is repealed consistent with relevant state of Idaho public health orders.

The Commission found this rulemaking supportive of the protection of public health consistent with the March 25 Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Order to Self-Isolate for the State of Idaho in response to COVID-19.

Fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits purchased by nonresidents prior to the April 4 Commission action are still valid for existing hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons, which remain in effect.

Nonresident hunting licenses along with currently available nonresident deer and elk tags are not included in the suspension. Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall.

The Commission action does not affect Idaho residents and there are no new limitations on resident purchase of licenses, tags, and permits or any changes to existing seasons.

Nonresidents and resident hunters, anglers, and trappers are reminded about state of Idaho guidance for outdoor recreation: follow social distancing directives of at least 6 feet, day trips are encouraged, check before heading out because many recreation sites are closed, and bring your own supplies. Outfitting and guiding are permissible with adherence to outdoor recreation guidelines.

The following is the list of nonresident items suspended from sale

• Nonresident annual and three-year combination, fishing, and trapping licenses.
  • Nonresident Hunting Passports.
  • Nonresident junior annual and three-year fishing licenses.
  • Nonresident annual and 3-day small game hunting licenses.
  • Nonresident daily (including consecutive day) fishing licenses.
  • Nonresident 3-day fishing licenses with salmon/steelhead permits.
  • Nonresident nongame hunting licenses.
  • Nonresident game tags for black bear, turkey, mountain lion, and gray wolf, including nonresident junior mentored and nonresident disabled American veteran tags for these species.
  • Nonresident permits for black bear baiting, hound hunter, salmon, and steelhead.
  • Nonresident falconry meet permits.
  • Nonresident sport dog and falconry training permits.
  • Nonresident fishing tournament permits (suspension of sales of resident and nonresident tournament permits was implemented by Order 20-30).
  • Nonresident dog field trial permits.

I think that your title is a little misleading, It is until things straighten out fall tags are still available

Alaska's same route. Revised for Resident only hunt after originally shutting down bear hunt entirely.

Glad I bought my non-resident hunting/fishing license in January.

I know that they are still allowing people to enter the draws, but I wonder how much this will deter other nonresidents from entering the draw process considering it will be opening at the height of this pandemic. I know there have been several other posts regarding people losing jobs/lack of funds and such, but I could see this being the straw that breaks the camels back.

(If I am still able to) I am looking forward to reduced crowds during early summer fishing season on my favorite bodies of water.

The crowding at fishing areas is already occurring. Just went to my local lake, tons of out of state plates, people camping in groups and interacting with each other. It’s no wonder US cases continue to climb as apparently no one understands stay at home or distancing

Update:

F&G Commission amends earlier decision and allows more nonresident license, tag and permit sales
Amendments provide clarifications and allow some additional nonresident sales for specific individuals
The Idaho Fish and Game Commission on April 9 amended its previous decision to temporarily suspend sales of some nonresident licenses, tags, and permits to allow nonresident sales under specific situations, including:

• Allow nonresidents who bought a black bear tag prior to the temporary suspension on April 4 to also buy a bear bait permit, which is only available via mail and at department offices.
  • Clarify that nonresidents who had a written – but unsigned – agreement with a licensed outfitter prior to April 4 are allowed to buy licenses, tags, permits for the outfitted trip. Written examples include: an agreement or letter signed by the outfitted client; an exchange of emails agreeing on trip terms; a written confirmation or reservation, or an exchange of emails with payment of a trip deposit.
  • Allow people who moved to Idaho to establish residency less than 6 months ago, or who have not gotten an Idaho driver’s license as required within 90 days of Idaho residency, to still purchase a nonresident license, tag, or permit under these conditions:
1. Person produces an Idaho driver’s license, or Idaho Identification Card, issued by the Idaho Transportation Department, or a person produces two documents issued by a third party showing name and Idaho residence address, such as rent, mortgage receipts or utility bills.

2. Person signs a declaration demonstrating bona fide intent to become an Idaho resident.

People who are eligible to buy license and tags under these criteria must contact a Fish and Game regional office or headquarters via phone to arrange for the purchase of eligible nonresident items.

my buddy waited to buy his tags(after i told him to get them) and didnt but i had mine, he was so excited when i told him they were back on sale. Tuesday morning i will be in there office picking up a bait permit and his tags then were hunting! we are going to call on monday to make sure they dont have some weird appointment thing going or anything we need to know about. heading back to the ho!

Most excellent. Losing out on this trip was really bumming me out. Bought my license/tags this morning and we'll see you in October, Idaho.

Back