Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Iconic Montana panorama

Straight Arrow

Freezeout Lake with Rocky Mountain Front backdrop.

Snow geese - RM Front   .jpg

March 23, 2022, welcomed 32,000 snow geese and 1800 white tundra swans, as well as a myriad of other bird species.
On a trail at Freezeout Lake we met Gary & Judy Matson, founders of Matson Laboratory which ages wildlife teeth and has been featured and used by Big Fin.
Both Matson's are now retired and enjoy getting out and about to observe the wildlife on the hoof and the wild birds on the water or in the air.

Not quite but almost.
Thanks, last spring my wife and I hit it when the major migration was there. She didn't think it was a big thing until she witnessed it. As always it was amazing and worth the trip.

I started going out there with my brother in 1965 and the next year hunted when I was old enough to get a license. Freezeout is a special place both spring and fall.

Always a special place to me. My great-grandparents homesteaded the farm just to the east of Freezeout. Back in the day, my grandmother even won a local beauty pageant and was named Miss Freezeout Lake (when it was a bit less odiferous - as she always added to the story ;)).

I’ve driven through there before, but not when waterfowl were there. Beautiful scenery for sure and even more so with the all the birds you saw!

Back