I went to Montana

Idaho Ron

While this is a late post I have been busy. I took a trip to Montana the week of 10-20-03
I went for Pheasant and sharptails. I hooked up with a friend in Bozeman for a week long trip. I have not seen that many pheasants in 25 years. Birds were all over the place. I took Gretta and Buzz for the trip. Buzz did very well, like ha always does. Gretta is 10 months old now and this trip was mainly for her. I wish I would have taken more pictures. Gretta is a GSP and in her first year of hunting. After she understood what we were after and how to find them she did great. She got her first points on pheasants and sharptail. In that week I shot 15 pheasants and 11 sharptails. About half were from Gretta over points. She did well and I was very happy with the trip.
I saw so many deer and birds in Montana I am tempted to move! here are a couple of pictures. Ron
fa9b1a2c.jpg

fa9b1a1e.jpg

fa9b1a28.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-09-2003 07:41: Message edited by: Idaho Ron ]</font>

Congrats on what looks like a fun trip! Gretta seems to be getting a GREAT start and is one good looking dog.

Looks like a fantastic hunt. Nothing like a big rooster coming up cackling! Didn't know Montana had such good ringneck numbers.

Greta sure is a fine looking dog. What do you expect she weighs? Mine is on the small side and only weighs 44 pounds.

Tbone, The last time I weighed her she was 47 pounds. She might be a little larger now. Her mother was a small dog like yours. I am hoping hat she is done growing. I think she looks a lot like yours. Ron

Way to go Ron.
Have you run into Casey Murphy yet?
Been doing alot of quail hunting down here ,but seems like down here the birds are few and far between.
My friends shorthair brought him a baby Javelina the other day, man was that little pig squealing.
We put him back real quick fore mamma showed up.
Hoping to get up to Elko in December as my brother said the chukar are abundant.
again coingrads on your Montana hunt...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back