I went hunting

bigtusker

Well, I decided to take some time off from guiding other people to hogs and went after one myself. Friday afternoon a few friends came up to the ranch. We were planning on getting a couple hogs before dark then enjoying an adult beverage or six while skinning. We started off at a little place we like to call Tyson's pond. Kicked out a couple dogs and 5 minutes later, the race was on! The pig had other plans and headed uphill into the thickest, nastiest, brush covered area on the ranch. There was no way to go after them so we waited 'em out. We knew eventually the dogs would give up and come back, if they didn't get killed first. I headed down the canyon to see if I could locate any dogs. About 45 minutes after they struck that hog, it popped up out of the creek a mile away and I introduced her to my 7mmSTW. 160 pounds field dressed. Sorry, no pictures. Got all the dogs back and went out and struck another one, medium sized boar, dressed out at 140.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-30-2003 13:56: Message edited by: bigtusker ]</font>

That sounds almost as much fun as chasing elk..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds fun Chopper!

Glad you got to go and hunt a little yourself.

Sounds like you may have left one or two for us. You remember that big boar we saw last time in the creek bottom with all of us in the Jeep? I'm thinking I'm gonna stick that big dude. I'd bet he's 225 pounds +.

Right now its just Don, myself, and Curt. The government contract gun builders are looking unlikely due to the war and new deadlines.

I'll give you a call on Tuesday or Wednesday.

T Bone
By the way, a couple of the government contract gun builders may not be coming Thursday. The war effort is putting them under some tough deadlines.

Back