I havent made a post in a while

Delw

Mainly cause I am just not fishing :( ,
where I used to go 2-4 times a week has now been cut back to 1-2 times a month of I am lucky, besides tourny's there are not many tournys on now(its summer time).
I also do lug the camera fishing as much as I used to so no pics.

But anyway heres a recap of the last month

had a fun tourny that I put on 2 weeks ago. $50 per boat, 3 fih limit any size. we only caught three fish and one was a dink(like elkchsr's monster brook trout) ;)
the 2 other fish were in the 2-2.5 lbs range.
about 16 boats fished it and weights were around 4-7lbs for 3 fish.
We only caught three compared to the one on memorial day where we caught and easy30.

Last sat night I had to work so Kurt and I missed a tourny so we decided to head to canyon lake and try to get some big fish. Ive never been skunked on canyon, well I was that night and so was kurt. I had 2 light bites kurt had 1 that was from 8:30pm-2:30am.

We saw a huge fish jump that had to be in the 10lb + range and maybe 3 others jump that was it, it was very weird not to here fish jump all night(usully thats all you hear) a few guys we talked to on the lake said they didnt get bit at all once the sun went down. Usually canyon is a fantastic lake once the sun goes down..

Thats it for the month :(

July doesnt look much better, but maybe towards the end I will be fishing more.

Delw

Thanks for the update Del.

We hardly do any fishing anymore. :( The nights when I get off work and feel up to it it usually is raining and the others do not want to go.

Then we when do go over to the lake we dont have any fishing rods and reels with us. :rolleyes:

Thanks guy's.... sorry things aren't working out... Maybe soon, eh?.....

Back