I finally did it- Moron status achieved ( again)

Sooner or later for everyone.

I got mine years ago with a shot on an antelope. He was downhill, and the only way I could get him in the crosshairs was by sliding the butt of the stock between my shoulder and the ground, as I laid prone. I would have liked to have sat and shot,, but there was NOTHING hiding me in the heavily grazed pasture. I knew it was coming, just told myself to squeeze the trigger and not to flinch.

I got both the antelope and a nasty gash in my eye brow.

Sooner or later for everyone.

I got mine years ago with a shot on an antelope. He was downhill, and the only way I could get him in the crosshairs was by sliding the butt of the stock between my shoulder and the ground, as I laid prone. I would have liked to have sat and shot,, but there was NOTHING hiding me in the heavily grazed pasture. I knew it was coming, just told myself to squeeze the trigger and not to flinch.

I got both the antelope and a nasty gash in my eye brow.

Exactly what happened to me with this buck. Only I took two shots across a canyon, both lethal. After walking all day and passing up 7 other bucks that were smaller and the sun almost setting on the horizon. I wasn't going to pass up this deer with my 25-06. It turned out to be just over 30" wide and 8.5 years old. "Age before Beauty". Also my first time hunting out West.
Mule Deer.JPG

And if people think a scope hurts they should try getting hit with a hockey puck. There is no comparison.

Exactly what happened to me with this buck. Only I took two shots across a canyon, both lethal. After walking all day and passing up 7 other bucks that were smaller and the sun almost setting on the horizon. I wasn't going to pass up this deer with my 25-06. It turned out to be just over 30" wide and 8.5 years old. "Age before Beauty". Also my first time hunting out West.
View attachment 150376

And if people think a scope hurts they should try getting hit with a hockey puck. There is no comparison.
A baseball bat upside the cranium and it's nighty night termite! Not a
pleasant adventure. 💥

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back