Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hunting Quebec

Sytes

Any Quebec HT members or people who regularly hunt the Quebec area? Love the website though, huh? Send a PM or post.

Main interest are the requirements for a Resident to begin the hunt license process. I entered the wonderful Canadian Tire (U.S. version of an oversized Harbor Freight store) "Authorized Sales Outlet" for the license and transportation tags and walked out thinking of favorite times sitting on a porcelain throne. Two associates attempted to assist with the transaction(s) though my impression left me uncomfortable as if I would I skipped a step and land in hot water - of which these two young gents were apparently the no care where, what, or how for following regulations.

Interested in Deer, Moose, and Caribou. Gleaned a good amount of info off Quebec's website though to obtain the specific license - requires the Canadian Tire wonders. Also, attempting to learn the "zones", ZEC(?), etc. Intend to hunt with traditional ML?
Thanks.

Quebec caribou seasons closed a few years ago. ArriveCAN App for entry is now gone except for flying into Canada. ZEC - think private club. You may want to read the firearms regulations and permit process on the RCMP website.

I got a great caribou bull there in 2017, the last year they allowed nonresidents to hunt caribou. Now a first nations person can kill 15 caribou for dog food but a nonresident can't pay a high fee for a trophy caribou hunt then donate the meat to a resident. Great game management thinking!
BKG7PJRh.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back