Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunting Movie Reviews!

Horn Seeker

I love the Muley Crazy series and Lowland Mulies. I really haven't watched and dont own many hunting movies, so tell me the good ones!

I'll tell ya this right now, I tried, reallly tried to watch the TRUTH V the other night and I had to shut it off. Fuggin aholes couldn't be showing anything FURTHER from the truth for us blue collar folks and the laughing, giggling, ass slapping, bow throwing, high fiving bullshit they partake in everytime they kill something......cmon, that just pisses me off Royale! Gettin as bad as the NFL or NBA.

The Mossback Screaming Bulls videos are really good. Lots of quality bulls and some good scenery also. I enjoyed "Utah's Raging Bulls, also...
I like the Truth elk videos, until the hoop-la all starts... Like Hornseeker says, it's getting as bad as the NFL....
I mean, we all enjoy harvesting an animal, but it is as if they don't have any respect for the animal...:(

Ooooh oooh Moosie's TX HuntTalk gathering.

"Who's your Daddy?" Cracks me up every time.

Yeah, I do have to say I enjoy the "hunting" footage in the Truth vids, just not the celebration after the kills. I know everyone celebrates their harvest/kill in different ways, its just that I dont agree with that way.

I cant remember which one it was, but this guy kills a whitetail buck in MT and when they find it they tackle eachother and roll around on the ground playing grab ass for 5 minutes. I would NOT want to share a hotel room with them two southern boys, probably be some "squeelin" comin out of their room that night!

Although a tad on the boring side as far as music and the commentary, I think the video's done by Mike Eastman and The Eastman's Hunting Journal, rank with the best. They are informative and there are lessons to be learnd in them. They are not just watching someone hunt, really that isnt that exciting to me. I have yet to see any of their videos I didnt like and I own about 10 of them.

I also like some of Paul Newsomes older videos he did, One I liked was Monster bulls, it was hunting moose in AK and it is one of my more favorite videos.

It must be a "southern" thing...
They are a bunch of GrabAss's
I don't watch the whitetail videos, but they do some of the same on the elk vids...

"Whose your Daddy?".... ??????????? What did I miss, Mo???
Why doesn't my PM work???

A few years back a bunch of HuntTalker's got together for a hunt in TX. Moosie put together a video from that hunt and it even sold in HuntTalk gear for awhile (where you get the hats and stickers and whatnot).

Moosie has to have footage of the TX hunt somewhere. Moosie post some of the "Who's Your Daddy" stuff.

As for your PM, I don't know. If you are trying to PM me maybe my box is full again. I had better go check.

For the 5 or so of you who have actually seen that fine flick, this was Moosie's birthday present that year. :D

P1280001.sized.jpg

LOL.... I'm going to copy that clip to this Hunting video We're putting together this year. It will be a Classic ;)
I chased an Armidillo into a hole and Pulled it out quite proud !!!!!!

Onthe LOWLAND Mulies vids, Steve said (He lives close by) his Next video should be out soon (feb maybe ? I don't remember) but we'll have those for sale on this site right as he releases them. I'll let you know.

I like MossBack videos. I'm gonig to talk to Doyle this weekend and see what he has in the works. I'm sure some good stuff like usual. He's kicked out some good stuff.

Need to see that video...sounds like it would be pretty interesting...
My PM won't let me type anything, and when I try to preview or do anything is comes up with "wait for the WYSIWYG editor to finish loading"...
WTF is a WYSIWYG editor?
Guess we need to get our video's and photos in to you, huh Moosie???

I still have my copy of that move from TX and as funny as it is there was tons of funnier stuff that didn't even make it to the film (some of it is a good thing)

I cant wait for Lowland 3. DO you know if he has mulitiple state stuff or just Idaho?

Doyles are good, but I am sorta tired of all this governor tag big dollar crap that he is concentrating his efforts on. 20 guys looking for one buck for some rich bung head.

Yeah, I'm jealous.....not.

the movie we made from texas was a little boring at times.. It started out fast then had alot of slow parts.. I'm guessing more funny for us that went. time to put another hunt together :) We learned alot from that.. the theory was alot more people would have cam corders.... But that was also the theror for Canada Bear hunt too :)

Antler Rick... yeppers :)

As far as Steve's Video's I think it's Mostly Idaho, but I know he went down to the Hichorilla (SP?) With Aaron from here and Aaron shat that Big Arse buck he video'ed.

Just got a new one called "IncrediBULLS and Bucks"..
It is a pretty good DVD and has some excellent filming in it . Some nice bucks and some nice bulls!!!

I like Primos' elk movies alot, they are a must buy for me anyways. I recently got Elk Hunting with the San Carlos Apaches, holy schmokes are there some absolute monster elk down there. Watching them passing on 370+ bulls is crazy to this guy, but where I hunt a 300 class bull is rare. Made me wish I was rich enough to hunt down there at least once. I've been meaning to pick up some of Doyle's movies, his next one should have that 290 class buck they got in AZ this fall. I always liked the old Larry Jones and Dwight Shuch(sp?) elk movies, they seemed like they were actually out in the woods hunting, not just kill shots with no setup to what took place before the shot.

If any of you like to see huge blacktail bucks, my buddy just put one out called "Blacktail Fever 1" which is got some dandy footage. Dean and Luis had a full page add in Eastman's on this vid and got a great response to it :)

I too like Larry D and Dwight!

I think Ryan Hatch and his boys got the AZ 290 didn't he?

Where'd you get that San Carlos Vid??

I just watched "Magnum Mulies III, the Final Pursuit"......VERY VERY good! I also want to say I have seen some pretty hard core celebration in some other movies that didn't bother me as much as the Primos celebrations. Not too sure why. One thing, the others I am talking about are super duper bucks they killed, not just some avg. buck or bull. I think when a guy lays the hammer down on a 250 nontyp mulie it would be hard to hold in any giddiness! I know I leave myself open to attack on that topic, but oh well!

Jicarilla. Thats not the same guy that shot the monster on the Jic in Lowland II was it?

YAH, Aaron H. that shot the Buck edits our DHI newsletter. He's also the President of the Linemans college.

As far as the Excitement, It's one thing to Be happy tracking down a Good buck but to shoot one over a Feeder and Say how hard it was.. ;)

Yeah, matter fact, I was just talking about how Aaron reacted when he got to that buck on the Jic a couple years ago. That thing was a pig and Aaron came unglued, much as I would! Just watched that movie while on the treadmill yesterday!

Have you ever got any interest/membership from up north Moosie? I know I said I'd try and get something going up there, but haven't. However, now I know some more guys and a sporting good store owner up there that are all avid mulie hunters, so maybe we could get the word up there. Do you have a flyer or info packet or something???

Back