Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hunting/Hiking boots

IAhawks84

Hey everyone,
I am currently looking at getting a new pair of boots. I mainly hunt whitetails in the midwest. We do hike, so I will be using these boots for that as well. I've tried on Crispi Colorado's and they felt great. Speaking to a salesman, he kind of pushed me towards the Crispi west river's. After researching these, I realized they were scheels exclusive, so I think there was a bit of commission incentive there. We will be going elk hunting in Northern Idaho this September, and they felt the Colorado's would not provide enough support with the 8" heel.
Other boots I've been looking at are the Idaho II and the non insulated Crispi Guide boots. I'm kind of leaning away from leather though, and just using gaiters.
Any opinions? Thanks!

Hey everyone,
I am currently looking at getting a new pair of boots. I mainly hunt whitetails in the midwest. We do hike, so I will be using these boots for that as well. I've tried on Crispi Colorado's and they felt great. Speaking to a salesman, he kind of pushed me towards the Crispi west river's. After researching these, I realized they were scheels exclusive, so I think there was a bit of commission incentive there. We will be going elk hunting in Northern Idaho this September, and they felt the Colorado's would not provide enough support with the 8" heel.
Other boots I've been looking at are the Idaho II and the non insulated Crispi Guide boots. I'm kind of leaning away from leather though, and just using gaiters.
Any opinions? Thanks!
I don't think an eight inch heel gives much support but it will make you're calves look good.man-in-heels-2.jpg

Don't get stuck on Crispi, there are many good boots out there. Asolo, La Sportiva, Salewa, all very good. Being fairly familiar with North Idaho, keep in mind, it ain't the Alaska Range and you're not chasing Dall Sheep.

That makes sense. I was just a little caught off guard I guess by the salesman's comments. I'm definitely not trying to roll an ankle or anything, but it'll probably be fine any way.

That makes sense. I was just a little caught off guard I guess by the salesman's comments. I'm definitely not trying to roll an ankle or anything, but it'll probably be fine any way.
I've been hunting North Idaho my entire life (40++year). I've done it in Pack Boots, 10" Danner's, La Sportiva Karakorum's, Asolo Fugitives, and Salewa Mtn Trainers. (Plus whatever crap boots Dad put me in back in the day)
I'd do ALMOST any of it in 6" hiking boots, the biggest concern would be wet and/or snow. The terrain isn't what's gonna get you and in September, the weather should be great. Go light and fast.
Then again, there ain't many cornfields out here, Iowa! ;)

I've been hunting North Idaho my entire life (40++year). I've done it in Pack Boots, 10" Danner's, La Sportiva Karakorum's, Asolo Fugitives, and Salewa Mtn Trainers. (Plus whatever crap boots Dad put me in back in the day)
I'd do ALMOST any of it in 6" hiking boots, the biggest concern would be wet and/or snow. The terrain isn't what's gonna get you and in September, the weather should be great. Go light and fast.
Then again, there ain't many cornfields out here, Iowa! ;)

Can't even respond there lol. Totally out of our cornfield element there haha. I guess this thread wasn't meant to be which boot brand and model do I need as a functionality thing. I didn't want to go and say, damn this really is not working for me after I spent $400 on a pair of boots.

Hey everyone,
Any opinions? Thanks!
I Have the colorados
Buy them you won’t regret it

I use zamberlan saguaro’s and they have been awesome. I’ve had them for about 3 years and put well over 100 miles on them and they show no wear what so ever.

Lowa renegade GTX here. still pretty new but comfy out the box, seems very well pre-treated out of the box also. Insoles are everything, get your feet checked out at CVS or Walmart and it’ll tell you important info about your arches and weight distribution.

Make sure whatever boot you choose, if it’s leather, to look up properly impregnating your leather.. blows my mind how many people don’t believe that waterproofing goes on WET boots.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back