Hunting Etiquette on Public Land

Very new to hunting and I am hunting public land in the state of Georgia for the first time ever.. It is something I have wanted to do, but the thought of it makes me nervous.. My biggest concern is I do not want to disrespect other hunters or the public land, any advice would be helpful going to hunt during archery only and gun season.. What is the easiest way to hunt it when first getting started should I use a tree harness, ground hunt? Any other tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Give space and don't go walking around during prime time

5. I don't ask anyone else where they're planning to hunt, and I don't expect to reveal to anyone else where I'm planning to hunt.
I know this thread is about deer hunting, but my years of turkey hunting have taught me very well how to discuss where I'm hunting and someone else is hunting. Not specific enough to blow your spot, not vague enough that you end up next to each other.

It also helps when you can tell the person you're talking to knows the piece of ground as well as you do.

Whatever you do, if you have trail cameras set up, never check them during prime hunting hours. This has been the number one issue with the lack of etiquette I've found with so many hunters.

Follow the laws.

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Don't overthink it, and go get 'em! 👍

Very new to hunting and I am hunting public land in the state of Georgia for the first time ever.. It is something I have wanted to do, but the thought of it makes me nervous.. My biggest concern is I do not want to disrespect other hunters or the public land, any advice would be helpful going to hunt during archery only and gun season.. What is the easiest way to hunt it when first getting started should I use a tree harness, ground hunt? Any other tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Do your best to stay away from other folks should be your plan. That idea works well regardless of the state you hunt in. If you have lot's of flexibility and time, hunting weekdays can certainly help. Opening weekends of a season can be a mess anywhere, depending on amount of tags issued for a given hunt. I'd say patience and deferring to others already in an area is very important. Plenty of folks either tag out or give up after a few days, and pure weekend hunters are out of the mix on weekdays. Food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back