Hunting after the fires?

mrklean

I was looking at doing a 4th season hunt next year i have my points banked where i think i should draw. There are some pretty serious fires very close to that area currently. I am curious what some of you think; will those fires really mess those areas up for next year? Its a late season hunt so most deer would have been pushed out of the timber (weather pending) but i wasnt sure since I'm still a rookie mule deer hunter.

I was looking at doing a 4th season hunt next year i have my points banked where i think i should draw. There are some pretty serious fires very close to that area currently. I am curious what some of you think; will those fires really mess those areas up for next year? Its a late season hunt so most deer would have been pushed out of the timber (weather pending) but i wasnt sure since I'm still a rookie mule deer hunter.
I’d say it will depend on how hot the fries are burning and what the winter and spring look like. If it is super dry then not much feed will end up growing back, but if we have plenty of water after the fire there should be plenty of grass on the landscape which would help being the does into the area.

Hunt right around the edge of the burn. If the fire pushed deer they’ll be close and can actually increase deer densities on the fires edge. I used this strategy in AZ and hunted 1 mile from 200k acre burn and saw several nice bucks

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back