Hunters Education

WH's OutdoorsChick

I signed up and completed a course in hunter’s education last week, and compared to California it is black and white. California (at least the class I was going to take) was a two-day class…

Up here I was in a classroom for 2 hours for 5 evenings and 1 all day event at the local rifle club. It was a lot of fun, and it was especially fun since more then half the students were under 16 years old (felt like Billy Madison in first grade). Anyhow, I had to take it and I did. We had to read and study a book 75 pages long….Study the State rules and regulations, a handbook on gun safety and a handbook on survival… I was really impressed with everything they taught us. They made sure we knew the difference between guns and the different kinds of guns and bullets. They taught us about muzzleloaders, and bow and arrows. They made sure we knew how to clean guns also. We had to learn how to load and unload each kind and size gun. I was very impressed on the how detail oriented they were.

I have also singed up with this wonderful group of guys and gals to be a volunteer Hunters Ed instructor.

Congrats Chick :D I need to get Lady Nutcracker into a Hunter's Ed. class :D She doesn't need it for Washington, but when we retire and hunt out of state, then she'll need it hump I retook the class when Quick Draw took it...It was a lot better than when I took it years back..

Hunterman(Tony)

I'm gonna have Quiet take the class to help her out some. Do they require you to have that class if you are under a certain age in any of those states?

Congrats.. It has changed a bit since I took it there.

Used to be two-two hour evening classes...

Thanks whs u have alot of confidence in me lmao:D, WELL THIS WINTER I HOPE:)oops sorry for caps

WHOC,

Good for you! Montana also has a quality hunters ed program. I took it a couple years ago along with my wife when she wanted to take it. My main reason for taking it at such an old age was so I could apply in Nevada for sheep. Turned out to be a very educational experience for me and I was very impressed with the program put out by all volunteers!

WH went the first night, but was too obsessed with Bear hunting to go to anymore. I can't wait. I think it will be fun to be a volunteer. I volunteer when I am available and I am not locked into anything. They have several volunteers so we just go when we can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish406
Back