Hunters at risk!

schmalts said:
Joser, your even to $*)Q!#@$ dumb to see when i rip on Bush

Ooooohhhh..... such a tough guy. You really ripped on Bush there, didn't you????? LMAO......... Obviously if you care about 3500 acres in AZ, you care 100s and 1000s of more about the land in MT, WY, CO and such that is being drilled to look like Swiss Cheese in order for the guy you "ripped" on to make sure he gets his Presidential Library built. Nahhh,,, I'm guessing you are more worried about being paranoid about all your little insecurities that are gonna cause you to be an old and paranoid man like CJ.....

Good luck, tough guy.

Whether it's 3500 acres in AZ or 3500 square miles of lost hunting opportunities in WY and CO, it's the Bush administration and the Republicans who are behind it all. It amazes me that so many hunters and fishermen are too stupid to understand that. We have plenty of examples of those stupid hunters here on HT. Watch them go to the polls in Nov. and blindly vote for every Republican candidate without having the slightest clue how they stand on the environmental issues.

In fact, if you want to look at the differences between the Dems and the GOP, one of the biggest differences is on their attitudes about our public lands. The Republicans are constantly trying to profit, somehow, by destroying our public lands. The Dems have a hands off attitude toward exploiting our public lands for private gain.

It's terrible that so many hunters and fishermen are too stupid to see that.

3500 acres is just a piece of a big puzzle, without habitat and security there will be no hunting for anyone.
I don't see you that mad when a Developer comes into town and knocks out thousands of acres for developement.... I don't have time to worry about all of the Habitat isues. You and CJCJ cuss and rant and rave about the Mexicans in AZ. I'll keep on my battle local were I think I can actually acomplish something. Remind me again what you're doing to help the environment besides planting a Grass patch you can kill does off of ?!?!

Moose, are you active in a local sportsman's org? How do you stand on game farms now that Idaho let out pandora's box. (This is not a female organ).
This will be a local Idaho issue that all sportsman in Idaho will have to take a stance on.

Schmalts, wow, that was some lip shit there. Quite possible some of the finest literature I've read in a long time. Anyone ever read Tryumph? :D

:D :D :D hump When guys like Moosie and Jose make a dumb post, i just have to out do them. Why not, this is Hunt talk, where we can talk as dumb as we want.

Ithaca
Whether it's 3500 acres in AZ or 3500 square miles of lost hunting opportunities in WY and CO, it's the Bush administration and the Republicans who are behind it all.
Are you saying that when the evil empire is voted (supposedly) out at the end of term that this is all going to magically go away??

Sorry, just don't see the sprinkling of fairy dust changing anything....the southern migration will remain independent of whose in office and though the fight for oil (and the $$ behind it) might change "slightly" it will not go away. Neither the donkeys or the elephants will wean themselves away from money, pork, nor big business....and, like someone else likes to say on this board, that's a fact!

Moose, are you active in a local sportsman's org? How do you stand on game farms now that Idaho let out pandora's box. (This is not a female organ).

Am I active in a Local Sportsmans group ? YAh, I do my part. Is this were I post my Resume' and look like I'm bragging or do I leave it at that. :D

Just when I thought this thread was turning into the biggest collection of moronic babble, Marv steps up and says something honest and smart.

S. S.,

What orgs. do you actively belong to? How about the land purchase that's close to your home that I linked to? Have you commented on it yet? Like to share your thoughts on it? Any comments on the land swap in that area that was shut down?

Just when I thought this thread was turning into the biggest collection of moronic babble, Marv steps up and says something honest and smart.

true, but still its mostly moronic babble.
now who needs a wedgie? :D

Marv,
Are you saying that when the evil empire is voted (supposedly) out at the end of term that this is all going to magically go away??

I don't know about the border issue going away, but there's no doubt in my mind the oil and gas development problem won't be as outrageous as it has been since Dubya got elected. The oil companies own the Bush administration. The Republican party has always been the one to advocate the exploiting of public lands for private gain. There's no doubt about that.

Anyone who loves hunting and fishing should be aware of that and should be completely alarmed and disgusted about the loss of hunting and fishing opportunities due to Republican public land policies. Even if you don't hunt on public land, you should be aware that less opportunity to do so hurts hunter recruitment, and that hurts us all.

Here's an interesting article discussing the global consumption of energy.

It's The Consumption, Stupid
Paul Maidment

Quiz question: How much of the world's energy supply does oil account for?

Four-fifths? Two-thirds? A half?

With all the attention that the seven-year bull run in oil prices (and the recent decline) has gotten, you could be forgiven for guessing a high number. In fact, the answer is barely one-third. What's more, oil's share of the global energy market is down from almost 50 percent at the time of the oil shock of 1973.

To be sure, some of the reason is price, though oil is still cheaper (after adjusting for inflation) than it was three decades ago.

But much of the reason is that the world has learned to use oil more efficiently. Technology and the shifting patterns of global industrialization have helped the world and its largest oil consumer, the U.S., wring more economic growth from each barrel of oil consumed.

Despite all of this, however, demand continues to grow. Over the last 30 years, oil consumption has risen from 2.7 billion tons to 3.8 billion tons. And the overall energy pie has grown even faster, from 6 billion tons of oil equivalent (Btoe) to 11.1 Btoe.

Even if the conservation measures now being considered are put in place, global energy consumption is still expected to top 14 Btoe by 2030, a 27 percent increase from where it is now.

A world in search of cheaper-priced energy has turned to natural gas, and, to a lesser extent, coal and nuclear power.

It has not, for all the hype, taken in any great measure to alternatives such as ethanol and other biofuels or to renewables such as solar, wind and wave power. Their share of world energy supply has stayed barely changed over the past three decades, at around 11 percent.

The world is using less oil today to generate electric power than it did in 1973, despite output almost trebling to 17.5 billion watt hours of electricity, from 6.1 billion WH. Two countries alone generate 46 percent of the world's electricity -- the U.S. and China.

The oil not being used for power generation has been diverted to moving people and goods. Transportation burns up 58 percent of oil supplies -- 1.9 billion tons -- against 42 percent -- 905.6 million tons -- three decades ago.

Natural gas has upped its share of world energy supply to one-fifth (2.3 Btoe), from one-sixth (1 Btoe) in 1973. Coal, too, has increased its market share, albeit slightly, to just above a quarter, from just under in 1973, with supply rising to 2.8 BToe from 1.5 Btoe.

In 1973, 13 years before the disaster at Chernobyl, nuclear power supplied less than 1 percent of the world's energy. More than 20 years on from Chernobyl, nuclear provides 6.5 percent of the world's energy -- three times as much as hydro power.

The U.S., France and Japan are the world's three biggest nuclear producers, generating nearly two-thirds of the world's supply. France generates four-fifths of its electricity with nuclear energy, the most of any country; Sweden and the Ukraine both get half their electricity that way. Nuclear generates a fifth of the United States' domestic electricity.

Worldwide, nuclear energy has made great strides in electricity generation, accounting for 16 percent of global output, up from 3 percent three decades ago. Oil's share has dwindled from 25 percent to 7 percent during that time.

Nuclear power has grown faster over the past three decades than renewable alternative energy sources, such as solar, wave, wind and geothermal power. These have quadrupled their collective output since 1973, but they still only account for 0.4 percent of the world's energy supply -- for all the promotion they are now getting.

Regardless of their environmental benefits, alternative energy supplies have not yet proved cheap or abundant enough to wean the rich countries from their oil addiction. These nations consume half the world's energy, with oil supplying two-fifths of that. (The U.S. and Canada account for half the rich countries' energy consumption; Europe, with a collectively larger gross domestic product, accounts for only a third.)

The U.S. is the world's third-biggest oil producer, but its seemingly unquenchable appetite for oil also makes it the world's largest oil importer by far. It imports almost two barrels of crude for every one it extracts. Constrained by a lack of refining capacity, it is also the world's largest importer of petroleum products.

The U.S. imports four and a half barrels for every one imported by China.

China Rises
Yet it is China, with its rapid growth, that has most transformed world energy markets, and particularly oil markets, over the past three decades. Paramount leader Deng Xiaoping's declaration in 1979 that it was glorious to get rich unleashed China's economic reform and set the country down a path to becoming both a voracious consumer of oil and a significant producer.

China now ranks as the world's sixth-largest oil producer. It produces 4.7 percent of the world's oil output, as much as the rest of Asia combined and a third as much as Russia, the world's second-largest producer after Saudi Arabia. It extracts a barrel and a half at home for every one it imports.

China is also the world's largest coal producer, with more than twice the output of the next largest miner, the U.S., which in turn produces more than twice the output of third-ranked India. Both China and the U.S. are net exporters of coal.

China is also the world's leading producer of hydro power, outstripping even Canada and Brazil. China is able to generate one-eighth of its domestic electricity with hydro. That is far short of the 99 percent generation rate in Norway, 83 percent in Brazil and 71 percent in Venezuela (freeing up its oil for use in international politics).

So far, China hasn't become a factor in the natural gas market in the same way. World production is dominated by Russia, the U.S. and Canada, which produce nearly half of the global supply among them. Neither is China a top-ten importer. That list is again topped by the U.S.

The world's increased use of energy has not been without a cost to the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide emissions have increased to 26.5 billion tons, from 15.6 billion tons in 1973. The culprits: oil and coal almost equally (40 percent). Natural gas accounts for almost 20 percent of emissions, and all other fuels, 0.3 percent.

The rich industrialized countries emit almost half the world's carbon dioxide, with China accounting for a further fifth, and its emissions are growing rapidly as it industrializes. In the past three decades, the rich countries have pumped a further 2.6 billion tons of carbon dioxide into the air; China, a further 3.9 million tons.

Transport and power generation in developing economies could drive carbon dioxide emissions to 40 billion tons by 2030 if current consumption habits continue, the International Energy Agency has forecast.

Environmental Expense
Those sorts of numbers have triggered a politicized debate about what damage greenhouse gases are doing to the planet and how to control their output.

The G-8 group of the largest industrialized economies committed themselves at both their past two annual summits to combating global warming and to cleaner energy and sustainable development.

With a world seemingly unwilling to cut back its energy demand, it remains likely that the fossil fuels of today -- oil, natural gas and coal -- will remain the primary fuels of tomorrow.

Renewables like wave, wind and solar power will have a greater role to play, as will nuclear, but they will not be fueling the first half of the 21st century.

Instead, the world will have to deploy more energy-efficient and low-carbon technologies, especially for power generation, if it is to keep its greenhouse gases in check.

The good news is that technologies that exist or are in development have the capacity to reduce the growth of carbon dioxide emissions so that in 2050, those emissions will be just 6 percent above today’s levels, according to Claude Mandil, the IEA’s executive director.

But to get there, far-sighted businesses and informed consumers will have to show the will to use more efficiently the energy they buy, from smarter buildings to higher-mileage vehicles, while power generators will have to -- or be made to -- go about their business more cleanly.

JoseCuervo said:
Hey Schmalts,
You really look like an ass when you worry about 3500 acres in AZ when the rest of the West is losing way more than that every time they approve another drill permit. You're paranoid about the wrong things if you care about hunting. If you care about being a racist, keep worrying about CJ's multiple paranoias.....
Moosie said:
I don't see you that mad when a Developer comes into town and knocks out thousands of acres for developement.... I don't have time to worry about all of the Habitat issues. You and CJCJ cuss and rant and rave about the Mexicans in AZ. I'll keep on my battle local were I think I can actually accomplish something. Remind me again what you're doing to help the environment besides planting a Grass patch you can kill does off of ?!?!QUOTE]
You and the faggot think that the only habitat issues that are important are the ones that involve your own hunting. If it is someone else's hunting spot it isn't worth talking about and everyone else is just talking shit. The difference is you don't see me or CJ posting that your an idiot for worrying about something affects your hunting area because it is just a little piece of the puzzle, in fact i dont comment on any of your hunting worries, or the faggots gas pipe worries. Thats the difference, i choose my battles but i dont cut you down for yours because they are hunting related and all matter.

JoseCuervo said:
Hey Schmalts,
How many thousands of acres of prime mule deer habitat and hunting areas have we lost due to your President wanting to drill every square mile of Wyoming? You really look like an ass when you worry about 3500 acres in AZ when the rest of the West is losing way more than that every time they approve another drill permit. You're paranoid about the wrong things if you care about hunting. If you care about being a racist, keep worrying about CJ's multiple paranoias.....
Hey stuipid )#$(*))@, if you think he is just paranoid, Tell AZ402 he is paranoid too, and the mexicans really dont hurt the mule deer and stink pig habitat along the border. Tell him all the empty jugs and garbage he helps pick up every year is just lies and paranoia and he wastes his time because he should only worry about gas drilling in WY. My guess is he would call you a stuipid )#$(*))@ as well. difference is he just isnt as vocal on things so that makes you think he probably doesnt care about it as much. My guess is your wrong.

schmalts said:
Hey stuipid )#$(*))@, if you think he is just paranoid, Tell AZ402 he is paranoid too, and the mexicans really dont hurt the mule deer and stink pig habitat along the border. Tell him all the empty jugs and garbage he helps pick up every year is just lies and paranoia and he wastes his time because he should only worry about gas drilling in WY. My guess is he would call you a stuipid )#$(*))@ as well. difference is he just isnt as vocal on things so that makes you think he probably doesnt care about it as much. My guess is your wrong.

And once again, you would be proven wrong. AZ402's opinion and thoughts matters, 'cuz he kills some big-ass chit. You, on the other hand, have to plant bait plots to get whitetail does to shoot. You 'da man.....

Moose your going to have to deal with the game farm issue sooner or later.

Soft head Ram,
What orgs. do you actively belong to? How about the land purchase that's close to your home that I linked to? Have you commented on it yet? Like to share your thoughts on it? Any comments on the land swap in that area that was shut down?

My Resume', I've been active in a local sportsman org. sence 1986, director for couple of terms, Pope and Young club, Boone and Crocket Club, National Wildlife Federation Phone tree head, for the last 10 years. Montana Bowhunters Ass. Off and on Rocky mt elk foundation, Mule deer foundation, turkey foundation,

Now as to the local land deal going on, as I understand it, after being in several meetings my self on the issue, the deal has been set. The Ravalli County sportmen and women have won land, not lost, as the land swap that almost took place would have done. The land up on the Blackfoot is being finaced with ( I not sure they got all the land they were hoping for), and their happy. Thanks to fast action, a bad deal for the sportsman of Ravalli county was adverted. Thanks in a big part to our county attorney George Corn, and Rep. Liable, and Shockley. The Elk Foundation is buying the land outright from Wetstone, in turn they'll give it to FW&P, then they will swap it for land the DNRC holds up on the Calf Creek Wildlife Range. I guess that the deal with wetstone buying the state lands next to his house are still in the hush hush stage or dead.

Does that answer you question?

JoseCuervo said:
And once again, you would be proven wrong. AZ402's opinion and thoughts matters, 'cuz he kills some big-ass chit. You, on the other hand, have to plant bait plots to get whitetail does to shoot. You 'da man.....
did someone fart? Hey stupid )#$(*))@, i guess that makes me less of a man, and what does it make you, who hunts big bad bears over a box of donuts?

seems we have a two way throw down going on, SS just delivered a stiff left hook that sent Big Horn Ram down and almost out, while schmalts hit Jose with a some what low but VERY effective body shot that sent him reeling into the ropes and down to his knees,,,,,,,,round two???

I go to a 3 day slot tourny and come back to find Schmalts kicking the shit out of the old Hoser .. Thats funny.:D :D .. instead of addressing the "REAL" issue... Jose changes the subject "AGAIN"

Jose at least you could stay on topic, Hey I live in AZ.... so I`m more concerned with My state, not gas drilling in Wyoming! start another topic [ gas drilling/ATVs etc,etc.] don`t take this as "that I don`t care" about the other environmentel issues.

The fact is "the INVASION" is real, not based on "paraniod" reaction!

Jose, Moosie you would have to be blind and deaf not to know thishump

But its not just 3,500 acres that are being trashed by the illegal problem, it 1/3 of the STATE! [southern border]

think i`m paraniod? go read the AZ G&F regs... no not the ones printed in Spanish....check out that warning line on the G&F map....or is the G&F paraniod also?:eek:

Fact is this problem will get even worse with the next "liberal" president:eek: :eek: :eek:

The illegal activity down near the AZ border should be a major concern for anyone hunting down there. It should also be a major concern for anyone concerned about the environment. I can’t compare the destruction of the habitat by illegal to the destruction of habitat by gas and oil drilling. Yes it may be similar to the destruction caused by idiots on ATV’s, minus tons of trash. I don’t think you have a major safety concern while looking at ATV damage though.

I think there is a big difference in the safety aspect from illegals and drilling rigs.( I believe that was the original topic, correct?? Safety?) I don’t think many drilling rigs will steal or trash your vehicle or camp? I’m pretty sure oil rigs aren’t running tons of drugs into the country every month. I’m pretty sure that the gas companies aren’t leaving dead bodies out in the desert, like the “mules” on the border do.

I’m not much for politics but it seems a passion for hunting and the outdoors, almost makes it a necessity to pay a little attention to what’s going on.

Although I’m not Bush’s biggest supporter, I think he takes much more abuse then necessary on many issues. I just can’t imagine many of the problems we have had over the last few years being any different with Kerry or Gore at the helm? ( I do lean to the right of center).

The border problem was here before Bush and from the looks of things will be here long after he is gone. It does suck that so many people have to flee their country to try and better their lives. Hopefully Canada stays self sustaining, or you boys up north might be in trouble :)

As far as my opinion counting due to a few lucky animals, wait for my pictures after this weekend. Pretty sure there won’t be anything of significant size.

As far as 24campfire.com being better than hunttalk, LMAO. In the words of the great Jeff Spicoli "Those guys are fags”

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back