Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt plans Start to Finish

Blevins1997

From start to finish how do you plan your next hunt? Wether it’s a new state or just a new unit.

1. Watch hunt videos, read hunt recaps, and travel to gain inspiration. I think about new hunts I’d like to try out, make a list of 20-30 of them, and then rank them.
2. Research the top ones on my list and find very similar hunts for each one. Make a final list of 10 tags I want. Review G&F data, forum info, and PM members for specific questions.
3. Learn the draw requirements for the tags I want, and draw up a 5-year calendar for how I can fit those tags into it.
4. Budget vacation time and save $ monthly to make my trips happen.
5. When I draw a tag, e-scout with google Earth pro and OnX.
6. Scout in person if at all possible
7. Have plans A-F of where I will hunt in my unit, and account for weather, pressure, other unexpected things, etc.
8. Work my hunt plan when I arrive...sticking to a plan is far more productive than getting tired and just making random decisions what to do next. I start with a goal of what animal I want to hold out for, but I typically lower my standards as the clock ticks down with an unpunched tag.

1. Watch hunt videos, read hunt recaps, and travel to gain inspiration. I think about new hunts I’d like to try out, make a list of 20-30 of them, and then rank them.
2. Research the top ones on my list and find very similar hunts for each one. Make a final list of 10 tags I want. Review G&F data, forum info, and PM members for specific questions.
3. Learn the draw requirements for the tags I want, and draw up a 5-year calendar for how I can fit those tags into it.
4. Budget vacation time and save $ monthly to make my trips happen.
5. When I draw a tag, e-scout with google Earth pro and OnX.
6. Scout in person if at all possible
7. Have plans A-F of where I will hunt in my unit, and account for weather, pressure, other unexpected things, etc.
8. Work my hunt plan when I arrive...sticking to a plan is far more productive than getting tired and just making random decisions what to do next. I start with a goal of what animal I want to hold out for, but I typically lower my standards as the clock ticks down with an unpunched tag.
Great info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back