Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

HTHF '04 Forecast : Muddy & Horny

dgibson

It's been raining cats and dogs all day long...the weekend's supposed to be "sunny and cool" (since when is 50+ in November "cool?") but it's going to be guaranteed soggy getting in to Hillbillyville. :eek:

But, on the other hand, I've seen signs of the bucks starting to cruise a bit (one of the news cars got broadsided by one this week ;) ), so hopefully things will be interesting. My completely amateur guess is that rut will peak about mid- to late-week.
elkgrin.gif

Everybody wish Team Nut good luck this weekend and the Tennesseeans good luck next weekend...we're goin' huntin.'
drool.gif

Here is the weekend totals

1 blown tire on pop up on way there
1 blown tire on van on way home
1 dgibson calling tow truck for stuck truck

2 deer shot at

1 definate hit without a recovery

1 sorrowful hunter for not being able to recover deer

Oh we did name a spot after me just like the location of your stand. :D ;)

So that is where I will always hunt when I am at Darren's.(same spot I shot the doe last year) was where LittleNut and I tried to get 2 within 10 minutes of each other.

I was stupid and pushed the doe I shot to the adjoining private land.

The one LittleNut shot at did the classic kick but there was absolutely zero blood found despite us searching all over. :confused:

Thanks, Nut...I felt like poopoo after all of our bad luck. :(

sounds as if Darren...will never learn
Hey! :p Well, OK, I do deserve that. ;) At least this time it was only 100 yards off the gravel. That's why I parked there...so I wouldn't get hung up further in. :rolleyes:

In other news, the rut does seem to be warming up, but I don't think it's full swing yet. We saw one buck following a doe, but other than that the bucks I have seen appeared on their own and were in no particular rush to get anywhere.

I fully expect to whack the new world record tomorrow AM, so I'll see you back here then. ;)

Across the river I've heard of very little rut activity for this time of year. Seems a bit later than usual.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back