Howdy from Montana

New to the forum and new to hunting, so I thought I'd introduce myself. It's been a helluva year - bought our first home in Manhattan, MT, had our first kid (a little girl), and I picked up hunting. Fall 2020 season ended in some upland birds and a mule deer - enough to get me plenty addicted. Struck out this spring chasing bears but had a good time. Now just gotta figure out OTC elk this next fall...

I'm a GIS Analyst, so maps are my thing. Grew up hiking, camping, and backpacking - and now that I have a family of my own I look forward to sharing these experiences with my children. Most of my hunts have been solo but I'd love to find some hunting buddies in the area.

Taylor
Belgrade- down the road from you. congrats on the house, and the little girl! OTC elk is easy with patience and good glass. I have only but 1/2 of those.. haha I find when I’m solo I glass less time I hike less far and find myself overall bored with nobody to ultimately relive that memory with me. If you ever find yourself with a weekend to hunt and nobody to solidify plans, get ahold of me. I’m hunting anything I can all year.

Belgrade- down the road from you. congrats on the house, and the little girl! OTC elk is easy with patience and good glass. I have only but 1/2 of those.. haha I find when I’m solo I glass less time I hike less far and find myself overall bored with nobody to ultimately relive that memory with me. If you ever find yourself with a weekend to hunt and nobody to solidify plans, get ahold of me. I’m hunting anything I can all year.
Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that this season. Tried to play a numbers game with bears this season, but it'd sure help to learn a thing or two from someone more experienced - especially when it comes to elk.

Taylor

Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that this season. Tried to play a numbers game with bears this season, but it'd sure help to learn a thing or two from someone more experienced - especially when it comes to elk.

Taylor
Of them all, bears are hardest IMO.. I’ve spent a lot of time in the woods, and seeing bears has been a very rare occurrence for me.. that hunt truly is taking your rifle or bow for a walk most times. I got lucky this year with one, but I don’t expect to see them every time I have a tag like I do a whitetail doe or a cow elk… it’s just the flip of a coin sometimes, I guess. Can’t be hard on yourself if you spent every moment that you possibly can in the woods.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back