Howdy from Central Texas

ZK-315

Howdy from the central part of Texas. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a hunting family and have hunted all over the hill country, west Texas, north Texas, and out in east Texas. Dad and I mainly hunt whitetail, but go after doves, ducks, coons/varmints, pigs, etc.

I got lucky with my beautiful bride of almost 8 years, who's family owns ~2700 acres in east Texas that I'm fortunate to be able to hunt on. We have two young boys (4 and 2) who have already started showing an interest in hunting with me.

My dad has elk hunted 5 or 6 times back in the mid-late 80s and brought a small 5x5 home on his last trip. He and I went on a DIY OTC elk hunt in western Colorado back in 2015 with only experience gained. No elk were harmed in that trip. We do have plans to go back this fall. Due to having our first son, it kind of put a damper on the elk trips for a few years, but the bride said this year is a go!

Thanks for allowing me to join and I hope to gain some knowledge and be able to share some knowledge along the way.

Howdy from the Austin area. I'm jealous of a lot of things in that post, but also the fact you're so close to Green's Sausage House! Haha!

Howdy from Austin! New to the forum and excited to connect with other Texas hunters. I primarily hunt on 800 acres in Leon County.

Howdy from the central part of Texas. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a hunting family and have hunted all over the hill country, west Texas, north Texas, and out in east Texas. Dad and I mainly hunt whitetail, but go after doves, ducks, coons/varmints, pigs, etc.

I got lucky with my beautiful bride of almost 8 years, who's family owns ~2700 acres in east Texas that I'm fortunate to be able to hunt on. We have two young boys (4 and 2) who have already started showing an interest in hunting with me.

My dad has elk hunted 5 or 6 times back in the mid-late 80s and brought a small 5x5 home on his last trip. He and I went on a DIY OTC elk hunt in western Colorado back in 2015 with only experience gained. No elk were harmed in that trip. We do have plans to go back this fall. Due to having our first son, it kind of put a damper on the elk trips for a few years, but the bride said this year is a go!

Thanks for allowing me to join and I hope to gain some knowledge and be able to share some knowledge along the way.
Welcome! Just joined up also. Nice to be around outdoorsmen. Not many around Austin Tx.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back