Howa HS Precision question

ponderosa11

I'm really interested in the Howa HS Precision rifle but haven't seen one in a store. How is the recoil pad on these rifles? Is it like a Pachmayr Decelerator?

Overall, do you think it's a good value? I think I could probably buy a Howa Hogue rifle, sell the stock, and buy a Bell and Carlson for less money.

I bought one of the Hogue gameking packages last year and did just what you're talking about. My only gripe is the gun weighs just over 9 lbs empty. Not sure how that weight breaks down. I'm sure the scope and mounts it came with are well over a lb.

I bought one of the Hogue gameking packages last year and did just what you're talking about. My only gripe is the gun weighs just over 9 lbs empty. Not sure how that weight breaks down. I'm sure the scope and mounts it came with are well over a lb.
Yeah I know it'll weigh a lot, especially with the 20 oz scope I'm planning on putting on it. I already have a Tikka that is very lightweight but not as much fun to shoot. I'm thinking a Howa in an HS Precision or B&C stock could be a great gun for the range that will also work for hunting in a pinch.

Yeah I know it'll weigh a lot, especially with the 20 oz scope I'm planning on putting on it. I already have a Tikka that is very lightweight but not as much fun to shoot. I'm thinking a Howa in an HS Precision or B&C stock could be a great gun for the range that will also work for hunting in

Its great for hunting. Shoots lights out. Its just not something I would want to lug around all day.

Super happy with Howa. My HS Precision with VX-5HD 2-10x42 CDS scope puts her right at 8.5 lbs. Not an ultra light hunting rig by any means but not a lead pipe either. I grew up hunting Pre-64 model 70s so this is a dream by comparison and I love the HS Precision stock. You can find lighter ones out there but the durability and rigidity of the HS is perfect for me and the rugged places I hunt. Plus shooting .300 win mag at the range is a little less jumpy and punishing with a bit of weight vs a Kimber Mountain Ascent or something truly lightweight.

My HS Precision Howa makes pretty little clover leave holes at 200yrds.
It isn't too heavy in my opinion. The little extra weight helps keep it steady when you are huffing and puffing climbing mountains for a shot.
Mine is in 6.5 PRC.

Love it...

I am taking a look at the Howa Randy Newburg 2 Carbon Stalker in either 6.5PRC or 7mm-HT. Looks like a nice light rifle listed at 6.2 pounds. Top it with Leupold glass and I think it would be a good bet.

I have Howa Kuiu 308 that comes with the Hogue stock. Just curios if anyone knows if the Hogue stock is a lighter stock than the one on the HS precision rifle.

From the research I’ve been doing lately the HS stock and Hogue stock weigh within a couple ounces of each other. Hoping maybe the HS “feels” a bit better at least to justify the weight.

I like the hogue stock too. But the HS precision is more rigid ,especially in the fore arm area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back