Howa Alpine accuracy update

Melman

I Finally got to re-sight in my Howa Alpine Mt Rifle after having to send it back to Legacy sports for a new stock. Here is the post on that positive experience if you care to read it. https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...egacy-Sports-experience&highlight=howa+alpine

Last year I shot 180g ammo and decided to switch to 165grains this year. I was somewhat happy with the 180g accuracy but knew it could do better. I'm very happy with the 165gs performance.

Here is my first 3 shot group at 100 yards with 165g ammo. The 1 shot in the red of the bullseye is my 4th shot after adjusting for elevation. After that shot I called it good. The other 2 shots to the right of the bulls eye are from my Dad's 1974 model 70 30-06. called that good after 2 shots.

a 3 shot group of .5 inches or so with approximately 10-20 seconds between shots out of a 20" barrel, I couldn't be happier with this rifle's performance.

target.jpg

Good to hear. I just picked up another Howa actioned .300 weatherby for my kid that shoots great also.
I’m using 180 grn accubonds. Which bullet are you using in the 165’s?

that group was shot with 165g Federal Trophy bonded tips. last year it shot good groups with hornady 150g SST while siting in but didn't want to hunt with them so I used 180G Federal TBT to hunt. groups were a little over an inch with the 180's. 165s were a big improvement in this gun.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back