How to get involved? (Bend, OR and beyond)

idi1796

Over the past 3 years I have become much more "aware" of our political landscape and how it will impact sportsman now and into the future. I have no alliance to a particular political party (more of a political mut really) as I agree and disagree with stances that both sides bring to the table. Living in Bend, OR, I would like to know how I can get involved, join a group, that brings important topics like the sportsmans act to the forefront in the community? I see the sheer number of outdoor enthusiast who live and vacation here in Bend and think to myself," man, if REI would charge a 5% tax on gear just think of all that money that could be used for wildlife and wild places conservation". Like a Pittman Robertson or Dingell Jonson excise tax but for outdoor equipment since all those non consumptive user groups need is a $35 northwest forest pass to use the federal land. I apologize for being long winded and Maybe I am naive, just turned 30, but I feel like I can make a difference and want to be as efficient with my time and my money here in Oregon and hope it leads to bigger things. Please let me know what can/ has/ should be done for someone like me wanting to be involved but not knowing where to start. Writing my representatives just doesn't feel like enough. Thanks!

Join the local BHA chapter. There's some boots on the ground projects in OR during the year and a good group of people - quite a few younger guys too which is great. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get you hooked up.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back