PEAX Equipment

How Many Points Did it Take in CO this Year for Deer?

In CO Deer draw 2021, how many points above min required last year, did it take to draw your unit?

• 0 Points

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • 1 Point

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2 points

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 3 points

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 4+ Points

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

BrokenArrow

Very curious about real coincidental data compared to what the hype has been about, concerning point creep this year?
Comment below with more observations if relevant.
I'm well aware of draw statistical data and dates of when they are released. I have the old pdf spreadsheets saved back a few years.
This is raw data just for fun.

Last edited:
There was a 45% chance I could have got the buck tag with zero points. I had 2 points so I had to waste them to get the tag.

Getting it was no surprise. It was guaranteed with 2 points.

Very curious about *post-draw anecdotal conjectures* compared to what the hype has been about, concerning point creep this year?
I'm well aware of draw statistical data and dates of when they are released. I have the old pdf spreadsheets saved back a few years.

Fixed it

FWIW, for elk, deer, an pronghorn I drew a point first. For 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, I drew equal or lesser for all from last year, i.e., 2nd, 3rd, 4th, secondary, or leftover. So far I have struck out on deer and elk. Still waiting on pronghorn.

"Very curious about semi-coincidental data compared to what the hype has been about, concerning point creep this year?
I'm well aware of draw statistical data and dates of when they are released. I have the old CDOW pdf spreadsheets saved back for years.
I even have Big Game Brochures dating back to 2001 with all my handwritten notes in them. Remember when 76 cow tags were a B license?

* I also posted this on HT."

This is actually what I posted on RS. I tried to fix my nomenclature here pm HT before I left for work and ran out of time. I do apologize for this. And I agree with BluffGruff completely.

Anyway, "this raw data is just for fun," is exactly what I was going for. I am a scientist and read nothing into this other than a very limited sample size (biased as hell) data set. The results are very different on HT than RS (imagine that). Again, no real conclusions.

Based on results and comments on this thread and others, it appears that the 0-1 pp/unit poll choice didn't really see a jump in point creep. That was to be expected?
I fell into this category. My personal experience this draw cycle is that I chose a unit/odds which required 0 and that is exactly what happened. I don't really chase deer that much. Seems liek some of the more limited units with lowered objective quota for 2021 had point creep that solely could be attributed to just that factor, lowered population objectives and subsequent lowered quotas?

RS is a very "different" crowd, many uncontrolled variables. Again this was just for fun. The "Drawn out at" report for 2021 will give us the full data set and real results.

+Thanks for Participating!!

1622075500990.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back