MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

How many Calls ?

Chambo

Most of you are probably like me in the fact that I have ten times more calls than I could ever use.
Here is the calls I take hunting.
I take two different slates and 4 to six different strickers.A gobble call,a tube call,a push yelper because I just had to have one.Three different locator calls.
two box calls.Half a dozen diaphram calls, and thats after I went through them and pick out the ones I liked the best.
That's all the calls so far,unless I see something that i can't do without.
smile.gif

Then you have a turkey vest,flashlight,2 decoys and stakes a portable blind.
Cushion for my butt,video camera and tripod.Gun ,shells and snacks and a drink or two.
All this gear weighs probably 40 or 50 pounds.

Any of you been there ?
My wife has quit asking me a long time ago why I need a new call when I have dozens at home I never use
smile.gif

A definate addiction for me
smile.gif

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

Deer_runs.gif

ALLRIGHT!
Chambo is a card carryin, flag wavin, honest to goodness TURKEY hunter. Chambo, me and Basspro Shops are on a first name basis and they think so much of me that they send me new catalogs ALL the time. Well, I'm not about to offend their hospitality and not buy nuthin!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
SR

This will be my pack list:
2 slates
4 strickers
2-4 mouth calls
box call
chalk and sand paper
2 decoys
day pack
food and water
extra load of shells
camera
gun
first aid and survival kit
And on my way out of the woods one BIG GOBBLER!

[This message has been edited by Mountain Boomer (edited 12-22-2000).]

MB, thats alomst exactly what i carry other than the mouth calls ive never gotten the hang of mouth calls to where i would feel comfortable hunting with them! I also added "BUBBA" to my collection of decoys, he's a half sturt gobbler and last year he successfully pissed off a quite a few birds!!! hopefully this year im gonna try to add a video camera to the mix, well see what happens!

Chambo, have you ever been busted with the video camera and how do you setup???

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"
ff1158a8.gif.orig.gif

I have a sony 8mm that has the little view screen.I set it up just to th right and a little in front of me.That way I can use my elbow to move it or it takes very little hand movement also.I am right handed.
I took some leafy cut camo and made a hole in it for the lens.I use a rubber band to hold it to the camera.
Turkeys are hard critters to video by your self because they are usually looking in the direction of the caller.
I really haven't been busted by them while trying to video because I am a hunter first and a videographer second.
If things aren't right it won't happen.
I have taken the camera on many trips and have never turned it on.
If you do try it be sure and tape over the little record (red light that is visible from the front while recording.)
Maybe someday I will get some good footage, so far it has been bits and pieces.
It is tough!!!!

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

Deer_runs.gif

www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

I keep it way simple when going in for business!......everything has to be in it's perfect place, and I could find anything I want in my vest in total darkness.

Oh yes, I have one of every call made in my hunting closet at home,...but the night before a big hunt, I'll go through and select my arsenal for my vest, after all, this will resemble a military assault!
A six pack of diaprams hang from my neck. Two slates, each with a wood AND a plastic striker, reside on myleft inside pocket. The box call is tucked in my inside right, with a paper towel and rubber band wrapped tightly around it to prevent any unwanted noises. Owl hooter and crow call on a lanyard, also dangling from my neck. A fist full of 2x4"s will be my load of choice, firing from my Camo-pattern 3 1/2" Turkey Blaster! Two hens and a Jake,feather flex, are tucked in my rear game holder.
....did I leave anything out, PROBABLY, but I'll remeber to pack it tomorrow!
DS

Like the rest of you,I have more stuff than I need.Calls out the rear.Decoys,ammo,food,drink,locators,camo, vest,gun,and the most important of all.TOILET PAPER!

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back