Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How long does it take to the seal the deal archery elk

1 year. Lucked out. Saw some elk the evening before,high up on a mostly barren hillside with ft tall oak brush and scattered dead trees. Set up where we saw the elk the next evening and turns out there was a wallow 20 yds away. Shot a 6x7 bull after sitting there a few hours. Did I say a little luck was involved.

Boy would I love a little bit of that luck lol. I am at the point where I will shoot any elk that comes within bow range. I might try sitting water because we are entering our 3rd week of no rain so they might be extra thirsty.

Well the good Lord provided an elk. On my way back from Walmart at 4 pm there was a cow elk (head hit) on the side of the highway that was not there when I drove to Walmart at 12 pm. Based on the carcass conditions I estimated she was 2 hours old. So I am now aging an entire cow elk minus the obliterated neck roast in my fridge. Well have to love Idaho salvage laws. I am going to be trying more ambush tactics next year using a tree stand over water in an area they are prevalent and see if that works better. Had one more elk bugle encounter at the end of the season but it was too hot and he shut up before I could pin point where he was. Thanks for the tips and conversations good luck to all of you.

Well the good Lord provided an elk. On my way back from Walmart at 4 pm there was a cow elk (head hit) on the side of the highway that was not there when I drove to Walmart at 12 pm. Based on the carcass conditions I estimated she was 2 hours old. So I am now aging an entire cow elk minus the obliterated neck roast in my fridge. Well have to love Idaho salvage laws. I am going to be trying more ambush tactics next year using a tree stand over water in an area they are prevalent and see if that works better. Had one more elk bugle encounter at the end of the season but it was too hot and he shut up before I could pin point where he was. Thanks for the tips and conversations good luck to all of you.

Last December my coworkers were driving to a clients office and saw someone hit a cow elk. They told me the next day, I said to call me right away next time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back