Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How could you possibly kill!!??!!

The Greek

Recently we have had some post about the Majestic Grizzly Bear, the shy but friendly Wolverine, and the cuddly Wolf. Well I can't understand for the life of me how some of you mean people could possibly kill a noble animal that has all of these traits. It is much more shy than the wolverine. It has strong family ties like the wolf. And it will give you your space if you respect it's space, like the grizzly bear. I am talking about the noble and majestic but shy and loving house MOUSE!!!!! How can you kill such a family oriented family animal? Like the wolf there has never been a document case of mouse killing anyone. And like the wolverine it is a shy and retreating animal that only takes what it needs to live. And like the grizzly bear it will give you your space.

So what do you do? You MURDER these helpless and defenceless animals because YOU ARE BLOOD THRISTY!!!!

Now if you had any class you would let them live with you. But if you must get rid of them you should do the "ETHICAL" thing and turn loose some natural predators. Like rattlesnakes! Yes when you see a mouse in your house if you must get rid of it you should release a rattlesnake ( if you live in the south water mocasin or copperhead will do), if you get rid of them in anyother way YOU ARE UNETHICAL!!!

Just following the line of logic that was displayed on the wolves and wolves 2 posts. See I'm learning.

------------------
Good Luck
The Greek

popeye_brut.gif

But if you do not choose to use rattlesnakes then you should at least make use of the meat. Mouse burgers are very tasty if you can find those little bitty buns.
BCR

------------------
A .45 BEATS 4 ACES EVERY TIME

Hey Greek, I don't want to blow holes in your theory about no documented evidence of a mouse ever killing a human, but.....
The hanta virus is spread by mouse feces. The survival rate, once contracted, is less than 8%. I would call that reasonably deadly. I would think that living up there in Kingman, you would be aware of the deadly Arizona Kangaroo Mouse or rat or whatever. So that shoots a hole in the documented evidence part. They are now open game. Kill the little buggers.......
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

No mouse in my house.!!!!!!!

Vaporization would be a good description to describe the termination of the afore mentioned. I like it .
smile.gif

I vote TERMINATION and ERRADICATION by
VAPORIZATION !!!!!!!!

The word kill doesn't apply to mice.

They are not taken, killed, harvested or removed, they are flat ass vaporized.

Nothing left to even worry about eating.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I do think that they would make a nice coat.

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

What scope would one use for mouse? Would a 340 weatherby be too much gun? Are semi auto's better than bolt actions for follow up shots? Finally, what quartering methods are mostly used? Please try to be specific, so I can get the right mouse setup.
smile.gif

Looks like a great forum guys. Be gentle with me. I'm a newbie here.
Regards
Gun Smoke

Two words: Blow Gun!

Sure it's slow and possibly painful, but hell, it's a mouse! It makes for an interesting time catching them on a sticky trap and sticking them in the back of the head from a few feet away... It's like shooting fish in a barrel, you think it wouldn't be fun, but it really is! (OK, I'll admit, I've never done the fish in abarrel thing but I'll bet it's a blast)

------------------
~Dan~
hntr_trap.gif

"I keep getting all these good ideas, but there's always some dumb law out there that wont let me do them."
Click Here to visit "The Junior Hunter Online Magazine"

[This message has been edited by DGF (edited 03-11-2001).]

Hey guys, I believe that we all have to defer to the one with the most experience in Mouse shooting. In case you don't know it, we have an expert in our midst. The only man I know that can shoot a mouse with a 44 mag. (Inside a tent.) Isn't that right Randy? Bye the way, If any of you ever get to Randy's house, I understand that the corners in all the rooms are patched. check that out and let me know. Please
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

First of all anycaliber of 222 or larger would work great.
I like the 44 mag for close range mouseing.
I used a 300 grain nosler, but a 240 would work quite well also.
Best to use no optics at night or in low light situations.

The best thing about mouse shooting is that you can use bait and also you don't have to be a great shot.
Close will work on mice.
smile.gif

I personally avoid taking body shots and opt for the shot about 2 inches under them.

This ensures bullet fragmention upon impact with the ground and will result in total tissue damage.

Lastly, if you eat at my house never try to get the last pork chop!!!!

My wife has banned me from ever using guns in the house for mice.

I resort to the use of conventional trapping or the cowboy boot in the corner .

As with any other type of hunting be sure to wear ear protection, especially if you shoot inside a tent!!!

Okay, guys, you get the thumbs down on this one! What's with y'all. Everyone knows that mice are not for hunting. Mice are a SPORT. Up here in Canada we take the good old hockey sticks to our mice (VBG) And what a sport that is — especially fun when company's there to share in the sport of MOUSE HOCKEY. Only problem is that the damn mice keep cheating and using too many players. They're also whiny little beggers and refuse to stay in the penalty box so we duck tape them in!

Anyone care for a tournament???????
SHERRI

Sherri: You dare challenge me... You have some nerve! I've never played that game, but imagine with some practice it could get quite interesting! I'm in, where do I sign?

BTW- For those of you looking to get rid of hampsters there's nothing like a snake... My sisters always woke up in the middle of the night (nocternal basturds) and ran on the wheel... The wheel was quite squeeky and rather than oil the wheel we decided to just shave the hampster and give it to a guy at his work as snake food. He claimed the snake loved it!
wink.gif

------------------
SignatureBanner.jpg

Click Here to visit "The Junior Hunter Online Magazine"

Regardless of whether the facts concerning the true nature of the common house rodent, aka mouse (not to be confused with in-laws staying for extended periods), I must profess that I've never felt the need to kill such a nice, gentle creature.

That said, I've also never hesitated to throw that cuddly little bugger into one of the cages holding one of my many snakes. It's not MY fault such reptiles only eat small mammals. Who am I to stand between the links of the food chain....

Although, if I come across any of those small buns, I think I could handle a mouse burger....

30-06

bcat: Thanks for the welcome. Naturally, this THREAD would be my first post, to start on my never ending battle, for rifle expertise.
smile.gif

Sherri: I will also accept your challenge, as long as I can use my cat as the goalie.
Regards
Gun Smoke

Back