Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How concerned are you with theft of gear?

matechakeric

do you hide your coolers and more expensive camp items in woods while you're out hunting? If I have $1000+ dollars in coolers in the bed of my truck, I'm anxious leaving them parked at the trailhead.

I’m get concerned. I have a large cable and lock that I use to chain my big cooler and generator to something solid. I realize that if someone is serious about taking my stuff and has a couple tools, it’s just going to slow them down about 10 seconds but hopefully it’ll defeat a casual lookie loo type thief.

I lock everything and I don't have expensive coolers. Too many idiots out there. It's more of a "prevent inconvenience and being pissed off" than my gear being high dollar. I'd just rather not deal with it. An ounce of prevention. That said, I don't set up a big basecamp either.

I lock everything and I don't have expensive coolers. Too many idiots out there. It's more of a "prevent inconvenience and being pissed off" than my gear being high dollar. I'd just rather not deal with it. An ounce of prevention. That said, I don't set up a big basecamp either.
yea if I'm just going from home to the woods and back I'd get cheap igloo coolers. but I'm packing ice from Pennsylvania, hunting hopefully for a week, and then back. I want better coolers that can keep my stuff cold.

I’m not at all concerned. But, I only own one Yeti cooler and wouldn’t be heartbroken if it got stolen. I do keep my optics out of sight if they stay in the truck while I’m hunting.

yea if I'm just going from home to the woods and back I'd get cheap igloo coolers. but I'm packing ice from Pennsylvania, hunting hopefully for a week, and then back. I want better coolers that can keep my stuff cold.
The thing for me is that ice is super cheap, and for how much I use a cooler it's not worth dropping a ton of money on a yeti. Not a huge fan of paying for names

I'm $4k worth of flyfishing gear and three angry calls to my homeowners insurance concerned about it.

It's folly to leave high dollar stuff out and available. You may beat the average for a long time, but it only takes one jackass to ruin your day, or your hunt, or your pocketbook.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back