How about some stories

Elkhunter

Come on guys and gals. This is the fishing section down here and it is getting a bit quiet. How about some stories, lies and pictures.

Good idea Elk. Lets liven this up a bit.

Abut seven years ago, Steamer, myself and my wife at the time went to Boise to do some fishing. We thught the Boise people are always coming down here, so we'd go up there and bug them. We ended up on the Boise River at the Glenwood bridge. I was upstream of the bridge and my wife was directly below me just on the other side of the bridge. Stan was near the middle of the river near a bridge piling. I watched my wife hook and land a nice trout (she's more scenic to look at than Steamer). I admired her fish then noticed I couldnt see Stan anymore so I asked Anita where Stan was, and she turned around to look, and said "I dont know, but there's his hat" Then she turned around and started fishing again. She really loves to fly fish and apparantly she was more involved than to worry about Stan. I looked over to the other side of the bridge, and sure enough, there is Stans hat floating down the river. I knew he liked that hat, but I wasnt going to swim for it and Anita had hooked another fish, so I knew she wouldnt go get it. Then all of a sudden his hat stands up. He had stepped off into a hole and floated underwater for a ways until it got shallow enough to get his footing. Pretty funny huh? Well it gets better. When he stood up, his pole was bent and he had a fish on. While under water, he managed to catch a nice trout.

It's one of those stories, that had I not seen it, I would never have beleived it. We still get a laugh out of it.

When I still lived in Boise we would go to the Snake River at swan falls fishing. This particular day was a family outting with hubby and my son. My husband was changing the baby. My line starts going upriver i set hook and start reeling in my "fish". It didn't take long to realize i didn't have a fish but wasn't sure what it was so i yelled at hubby to come see. Well it turns out I had landed me a nice little muskratt. So hubby got out the camera took some pics and then hehe he had to get the hook out. That was one upset little creature.

http://groups.msn.com/neonskys/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14

Standing on the grassy shoreline, rod and reel in hand. Gazing out at the field of lily pads upon the water. I chang my lures and put on a Rapala and cast it out. It lands on a pad and I slowly let it slide off and enter the water and slowly make the retrieve. WHAM!!! The water breaks, the lure disappears and the action begins. Line is ripped from my Mitchell 300 as it sings from the drag. The rod is bent in two, but I hold on. As I look out over the water, the monster on the other end jumps once, then twice, then again. This struggle continues as I attempt to reel it in. It seemed like hours, but was more like mere minutes and then it got tangled in the lily pads. It was then that I knew the fight was over. My line was wrapped around so many lilies that getting it loose was impossible and my line broke. It was the biggest bass I had ever seen at the time and a day of fishing I will never forget. That was back in the mid 60s while visiting family in Georgia.

Elkgetter that reminds me of the time I watched my wife catch a duck. We were at Crane Falls and for some reason, that day she wanted to bait fish. Well, being the sensitive kind of guy I am I gave in. A mother duck and her little ducklings would always swim by every time we were there. So we got to watch these little ducklings grow up so to speak. Anita even had names for them. So this day they go swimming by, right near her bobber. The last little duckling in line hapens to look down and see's her worm damgling there, and thinks, what a tasty snack. Down it goes, and gets the hook in it's little duck tongue. She panics and throws her pole to me. I must say in a perverse sort of way, that little duck put on one hell of a fight. But I got it in, and with the help of another man who was nearby wth his family, we got that little rascal unhooked and released. It went running across the water to it's lttle duck group, quacking it's ass off. When it got there, the mother duck really started chewing it's butt out. She was quacking up a storm at it. I dont speak duck very well, but we could tell she was rippin him a new one.

Now the stories are starting to flow some. This site is starting to pick up..Let's see if any one else can come up with any thing....LOL....Probably not...This is the fisherwoosies we are talking about.....
:D

Went fly fishing with a buddy of mine at a place called lee's ferry( yes for gay bass).. the area was great for big trout... we were heading up to achery deerhunt in the kaibab but always stopped there to fish first..

we get out of the truck and steve starts running to the river for the first fish, well not to be out done I run also and push him on the ground.... this went one for about 1/2 mile on the last sand dune steve pushed me face first into it.
He made it to the river first and on his first cast he caught a 5+lb rainbow.. I caught nothing till the next day when I caught a 4lber.. it was a blast...

Heres one elkhunter has been waiting for....
First moved to AZ from washington.. Now in washington every creek has fish in it and there is water everywhere. So I wanted to go trout fishing here in AZ. So me and a buddy packed up the bronco and head north for trout.. well we see a river on the way and it was kinda muddy, heck mike and I always were good on the puyallup river and its muddy so we stopped at this one.. we pull out the fly rods and start fishing... We were getting bit like crazy... but we just couldnt hook them. sometime after we were fishing a few people watched us and looked at us kinda wierd.. We ignored them and kept on fishing, then a guy comes down and ask how we are doing. told him we were getting fish but couldnt land them.... he just looked at us. heck we even had other people trying to fish out there and nothing, we just couldnt get a fish on... I swear even the other guys were getting bit.

Ok so we headed off up north and went to the place we were supoose to go... we fished there a couple of days and did pretty good. on the way home we decided to stop at the first place and try it again....

There was no water in the first place. It was just a fugging wash. and a rain storm that night filled it up..... We just sat there and looked at each other... we both knew we were getting bit....
We had no idea what a flash flood was LOL
no every time I go over that bridge I laugh my ass off....

FOr you AZ guys it was sycamore creek just outside of saguaro lake on the way to payson.....
Delw

OK HERES ONE

ME AN A BUDDY WENT FISHING AT THE RIVER FOR CATS we had been there for 4 or 5 hours an no bits so my buddy wanted to try some stinky nasty smelling bait (it called bonkers) as all ways he makes a mess of it he casted it over his shoulder an now has a strip up his back in his hair on his pants an his hands so he is cleaning his pants an shrit an hair well he was standing on a rock that was shaped like a knife trying to wash his hair an hands an his feet slip on the rock an he went down hard at the time he wayed about 350 lbs he set there for a minute an i started to laugh an then he rolled in to the river so i went to help him out an i was still laughing as i got him out so we set there for a while an he was laughing to about it until he tryed to walk he said his butt heart i said yes i would heart to if i try to shove a rock up my a$$WELL I GOT HIM BACK TO THE TRUCK AN HE WENT TO SLEEP THE NEXT MORNING HE COULDNT WALK OR SIT OR STAND TO GOOD BECAUSE HE WAS HEARTING SO I PACK THE TRUCK TO LEAVE FOR 20 MIN ALL I HEARD WAS TO HARRY UP AN LET GO SO ON THE WAY OUT I HARRYED I HIT EVERY BUMP OR ROCK ICOULD FIND

WELL THAT NITE HE WENT TO THE HOSPITLE AN THEY TOLD HIN HE CRACKED HIS A$$
I HAVE A FEW STORIES ABOUT HIM

Great stories Boy's!!!!
It's about time some of the personality started to flow from this area..I knew that more than Bill or I had it...LOL.... :D :D :D

Here's one that happened just two nights ago....
I was out fishing for the afternoon in one of the local creeks that is what I like to do when I can get away from this pager...Caught around 50 or so trout, but let most of them go..To small. but what the hey. I was catching fish on almost every cast. When I got done in the eve, I cleaned my fish and headed out. On the way home, I saw a cow on the side of the road and decided to start stomping on the brakes. The cow was moving along the road in the same direction as me. But just as I got to the stupid thing, it jumped out in the road. I had slowed down to about 30 when I conected with it. I hit it in the back end. It didn't seem to get hurt, but the front of my little yota p/u folded in like a pop can. There was even a butt print in the hood where the cow sat. Just then a good sameritin pulled up in his truck and pulled me all the way home. Yesterday, I pulled the damage off of the truck and found that after surfing the internet, will be able to buy all of the parts..Well to make a long story short...The fish will now be about $250 a lb..All well..All will be fine in the end... :D :D :D

That's just part of the game of living out in this type of country....Glad it wasn't a moose. the thing may have ended up in my windshield....LOL!!! :D :D :D

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back