Hound hunting??

josh

Do you ever feel like houndsmen are the redheaded stepchild of the hunting world?

I never see outdoor programs on tv that feature hound hunting........I would think filming a bear or lion chase would make a real exciting show....Hmmmmmm?

I have seen several cat hunts on the Outdoor Channel and a few bear, also several major UKC hunts like the Winter Classic , Autumn Oaks and the World has also been aired on TV

------------------
walker.gif

Josh-I have seen a few shows on hound hunting, but I think maybe you are right. For one the ANTI Hunters really jump on hound issues more than any other kind of hunting I think, so sometimes its better to stay out of the limelight. The one lion hunt I saw on TV didnt depict much of the real houndsman, and the lion they killed was about a 60 pounder, still had spots!!! I didnt think much of it myself. I think the less publicicty the better if it were shows like the one I saw. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

yeah Id have to agree somewhat...a lot of the hunting shows on the tube nowadayz are pretty lame, especially when they stopped showing the actual "kill"....Im really not sure what the answer is...I was heavily involved in a pro-gun pro-hunting organization a few years back and have seen a lot of bickering over everything pertaining to hunting.....sorry to get off the "hound" subject but..Ive never seen a good cat hunt show...HINT..HINT..(bcat)..HINT..HINT...the only one Ive seen I think is jack(arse) bushman of buckmasters or something kill a lil kitty......on the other hand Nugent has shown some bear hunting with hounds on his shows?????

Later dudes!

REBEARD

Redbeard!!!! I think maybe with all the anti organizations around it is just as well they dont have more shows on it. I feel real lucky to be able to hunt lions with dogs. Jackson Hole Wyoming is the World home I think for fund for animals, thats to close for comfort!!!! If all sportsman would stand up for ya when it came to legislation it would be great, but unless it involves whitetail hunting or some other thing that hits close to home ya seldom have any support except from the few houndsman there are! Too bad!!!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member