Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hotter than Hell

cjcj

Record Heat

Record high temperatures are expected in Phoenix with a high expected to 113 on Monday.
National Weather Service issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Maricopa County for Monday and Tuesday.
The Excessive Heat Warning is in effect from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Monday, and from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.

Monday, August 13, 2007 at 08:16 AM
Heat record hits Valley

A record high of 114 degrees hit the Valley Sunday and the blistering heat warm stretch is expected to continue today.
The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued an excessive heat warning for today in much of Maricopa County and north-central and northwest Pinal County. The warning is in effect from 10a.m. to 8p.m.
Sunday, temperatures reached 114 degrees in East Mesa, Gila Bend and at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Bullhead City recorded 115.

The previous record high for Aug. 12 was 113 degrees in 1933.

“It/'/s really hot,” said Valerie Meyers, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. “It's plain old hot. The temperatures are expected to approach or exceed record temperatures.”
The Weather Service is forecasting the Valley's excessive heat wave to last through todayMonday, when temperatures could reach 113.

Higher humidity will likely drop temp/erature/s a few degrees Tuesday through Thursday, she said, with highs temps around 109.

Also, later in the week is a very slight chance of showers in the higher elevations terrains to the far east and south of Metro Phoenix.

Wow....sucks to be you! :D

It's going to be warm here today as well. 75 for a high, and in the 10 day forecast it looks like this Wednesday will be the hottest day at 83 degrees. Then the next day a high of 68. Of course these temps are quite a bit lower than average for August. Most summers we'd be in the mid-80's to mid-90's at this time of year.

It's going ot be in the mid-80s to low 90s, depending on where you are - but the humidity has been pretty high, making it miserable. I don't mind those temps, if it is dry.

I just got an estimate for putting AC and a new furnace in my house - over $9 grand! :eek: I think I'll stick with fans, since we would only need AC for a couple of weeks a year. Sure, we would use it more if we had it, but we're not that far from the beach, so it doesn't usually get that hot.

It finally stopped raining here, now its sunny and getting warmer. Phoenix at 115, whew, that's hot. Its a dry heat though, right? It can kill, but its slower I guess, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back