Hot tent tipi research

Base price on our (Seek Outside) 6 person is $799, base price on Redcliff is $729, base price on the 8 person is $919.

You're pricing the 6 Person with dual screens, fully seam sealed, and with a carbon pole upgrade at $1083. The weight of that setup would be 6 lbs 11 oz.
You're pricing the Redcliff with dual screens and fully seam sealed at $924. The correct weight of that setup would be 5 lbs 6 oz.
You're pricing the 8 person with dual screens, with a half liner, fully seam sealed, and with a carbon pole upgrade at $1368. The correct weight of that setup would be 8 lbs 1 oz.

I have a redcliff dual screens dual liner and dual half nest. I can run a couple different configurations and I am always happy

IF you are looking for a little smaller ( 88 sq ft) for a two man plus stove, look at Jimmy Tarps. The Hudson comes with a stove jack standard, at 1lb 7oz. Through in a cylinder stove ( I run a lite outdoors 18") and you are looking at complete shelter with stove for under 4 pounds.

I have spent the last couple weeks researching my options on a hot tent/tipi for the back country, I thought I'd share what I found for anyone else that was interested. If I made any mistakes, sorry.
View attachment 102235
This saved me a ton of time. Thanks. Just curious, why didn't you consider Jimmy Tarps?

Last edited:
This saved me a ton of time. Thanks. Just curious, why didn't you consider Jimmy Tarps?
I hadn't heard of them until after I posted this, but this is exactly why I posted this, for more input on brands I had never even heard of.

Anyone running the octopeak on here? Ive been wanting to buy one, wish it was about 8 inches taller though.

I run the Redcliff. I had a Cim and sold it because the sq ft vs the weight, the Redcliff is just money. I also run a large stove. All SO. Great stuff.

Does Titanium Goat still make tents? Their website redirects to some "Ruta Locura" website which has links for the Vertex tents, but the pages are all empty.

Another vote for the RedCliff here. Just got back from the Flattops with me and the padre and it was great as always.

Big enough for Winnerwell fast fold titanium stove, gear for both, 2 cots, table and 2 chairs, good-to-go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back