• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.
Caribou Gear Tarp

Hot Tent for a spring bear hunt

dk88

I am heading to Kuiu Island in the spring of 2021 for a black bear hunt. We are hoping to have some form of hot tent setup. I have a lightweight vented propane stove that I planned on bringing for a heat source since I would assume everything else would be too wet to burn.

My buddy has a seek outside Cimmarron that we are thinking of bringing I am just not sure how much of an issue with condensation we will run into?

I have a cabelas instinct 8 man double well tent but getting it to alaska and to where we are hunting would be alot of work.

Does anyone have experience with using a single wall floor-less hot tent in this climate and if so would you do it again or have any tips?

Werty

If I were you,I would use your buddies tent and stove do to weight, it's nice to be able to dry your stuff out. Its Alaska, and rain is always a possiblity, never been to Kuiu, but lived in Anchorage a few year.

dk88

The main reason for the stove would be just to dry out gear, we would be hunting the tidal flats and likely getting a little bit wet each day so we are just wanting somewhere to dry off gear.

Reactions: Guy

MITCHMO

If you pitch on wet ground condensation WILL be an issue. I would have a liner that seek offers if I was going.

BearFoot

I use a wood stove every year. No matter how wet, there is fuel to be found. Heat dries $hit out and adds comfort.

SITKA Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkrunner