Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hornady American Whitetail Ammo for 7mm08

Rooster52

Anyone shoot this ammo in there 7mm08? At 7mm08 velocity it would seem these bullets would be great?

I shot a buck at about 150 yards last year with this load. I hit it low in the front shoulder, animal was uphill so it traveled through the near shoulder and went through the lungs and the far shoulder. Bullet pretty much fragmented, no exit hole. However,there were fragments under the skin on the far side, so considering all the bone it went through I think it did pretty well. I would use it again on whitetail size animals, but probably not for anything bigger.

I've have shot the 140 gr ammo in two different 7mm 08 Ruger Americans. It sprayed a 3" group at 100 yards in both guns. The brass is now being reloaded with something that works.

A friend of mine sighted in his Savage Axis with it on my range a year ago. It was as accurate as any factory ammo that I have ever seen. His .308 was the same. Try it and find out how your rifle likes it. I would say that if your rifle won't shoot it, then it may not be the ammo. I have never had a rifle that won't shoot Interlocks.

I sighted in ok with with it recently. It's seems to be the only 7mm08 I can find locally so I've been using and saving the brass to reload. I also used ammoseek to find a good deal on a bunch of Fusion 120g that shoots even better in my Savage.

I used it last year for antelope and deer. It worked great for me and was good on paper until about 300 yards, at that point it started to dance around. That was out of my Rem Model 7 Mountain Rifle.

I have no complaints about the Interlocks. They shoot great in my Rem 700 in 30-06. Great value in a bullet. I killed an elk last fall w 1 shot with an Interlock. Basically the Hornady version of the Core-lok.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back